King’s College London Africa Studentships 2023
Applications are hereby invited from eligible African candidates for King’s College London Africa Studentships 2023/2024 academic session. This program is open to Postgraduates candidates.
This scholarship is a fully funded opportunity for Postgraduate students who are financially challenged to finish their studies in their country. This program is sponsored by King’s College London and hosted by African Leadership Center, King’s College London. The PhD studentships will focus on generating new data on fashion economies relevant to industry and pursue concept building on lead firms in the global South. Th program aims to support students to move their visions beyond Africa as resource-constrained to focus on creativity, ideas and innovation.
King’s College London is a public research university located in London, England. King’s was established by royal charter in 1829 under the patronage of King George IV and the Duke of Wellington. In 1836, King’s became one of the two founding colleges of the University of London. It is one of the oldest university-level institutions in England. In the late 20th century, King’s grew through a series of mergers, including with Queen Elizabeth College and Chelsea College of Science and Technology (in 1985), the Institute of Psychiatry (in 1997), the United Medical and Dental Schools of Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals and the Florence Nightingale School of Nursing and Midwifery (in 1998).
SEE ALSO: IFAD Agrihub Youth Agripreneurship Apprentice Program (YAAP)
Scholarship Sponsor(s): King’s College London
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): African Leadership Centre, King’s College London
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (PhD)
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for King’s College London Africa Studentships 2023:
- Be Africans and be permanently resident in an African country.
- Plan to commence a full-time MPhil/PhD program at King’s College London in the 2023-24 academic year (Ideal candidate to start in October 2023 but by no later than January 2024).
- Meet the academic requirements for enrollment for the PhD degree in the Faculty of Social Science and Policy at King’s College London.
- You should hold or expect to obtain a High Merit or Distinction at Master’s level (or equivalent) in any subject.
- Disciplinary areas of particular relevance would include but not be limited to: International Political Economy; Political Economy; Fashion Management; Business; Development Studies; Culture, Media & Creative Industries; Policy; Sociology; Geography; Social Sciences.
- A strong interest in fashion and the creative economy (academic, professional, personal).
- Good team-working, observational, organization and communication skills.
- Experience of qualitative and quantitative methods.
- The studentship covers the following for four years:
- Tuition fees at the higher international/overseas rate
- An annual stipend (living allowance): at the UKRI rate (for the year 2022/23, this was set at £19,688).
- Research costs up to £5,000 per annum.
SEE ALSO: International Student Excellence Awards 2023 at Óbuda University
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 King’s College London Africa Studentships (how to apply):
Interested applicants for the King’s College London Africa Studentships 2023 are to complete an online application and email all the required documents to Dr Ikpe and Dr England in advance of applying through the KCL portal.
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter explaining applicant’s interest in the project and how your prior experience is relevant.
- Sample of written work (i.e MSc/Ma thesis).
Application Deadline: 30th June 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.