IFAD Agrihub Youth Agripreneurship Apprentice Program (YAAP)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Nigerian candidates for the IFAD Agrihub Youth Agripreneurship Apprentice Program (YAAP) 2023/2024 session. This program is eligible for Students & Recent Graduates candidates.
This Student Internship program is organized byIFAD Agrihub Nigeria & BIC Farms Concepts and is located in Ogun State, Nigeria. This program is eligible to Nigerian Students & Recent Graduates. Through its various initiatives, the project aims to improve the livelihoods of youth in the rural economy. Agrihub intends to operate an inclusive model that provides opportunities for people with low levels of education. This internship program is offered to aspiring and highly motivated Nigerian Youth to become self-employed or secure employment in agriculture sector.
The International Fund for Agricultural Development is an international financial institution and a specialised agency of the United Nations that works to address poverty and hunger in rural areas of developing countries. It is the only multilateral development organization that focuses solely on rural economies and food security Headquartered in Rome, IFAD is involved in over 200 projects across nearly 100 countries. It funds and sponsors initiatives that improve land and water management, develop rural infrastructure, train and educate farmers in more efficient technologies, build up resilience against climate change, enhancing market accessibility, and more. IFAD was established as an international financial institution in 1977 through United Nations General Assembly Resolution 32/107 (30 December 1977) as one of the major outcomes of the 1974 World Food Conference.
To encourage youth interest in agriculture, the IFAD’s Agrihub project in partnership with the BIC Farms Concepts is providing a solid curriculum on Soilless vegetable farming for youth (male and female).
The program includes classroom teaching, practical learning in the field, and internships. Through the training, the selected beneficiaries gain insights into starting businesses or taking up employment in the agricultural industry.
The IFAD Agrihub Nigeria project focuses on providing unemployed Nigerian Youth as well as aspiring agripreneurs with skill sets capable of qualifying them for self-employment or wage employment for improved livelihood within the rural economy.
Company/Organisation(s): IFAD Agrihub Nigeria & BIC Farms Concepts
Internship Location: Ogun State, Nigeria
Internship Duration: 3 Months
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Students & Recent Graduates
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for IFAD Agrihub Youth Agripreneurship Apprentice Program (YAAP) 2023:
- Beneficiaries should be between the ages of 18 and 29.
- Youth must be passionate about agriculture, especially renewable energy solutions relating to agriculture and its value chain.
- The beneficiary must be unemployed when applying.
- Beneficiaries must possess at least a junior or senior secondary school certificate and be literate in English or the local language.
- Applicants resident in Siun/Ogere and Abeokuta, Ogun state (locations of the training facility) will be given preference.
- Applicants must have access to a functioning mobile phone.
- Participants must be physically and mentally fit to participate in all aspects of the training. Applicants with specific disabilities are also encouraged to apply. However, this must be clearly communicated during the application period.
- Applicants must be ready to commit three months to this program.
- Applicants must be willing to undergo an internship in relevant machine fabrication companies.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 IFAD Agrihub Youth Agripreneurship Apprentice Program (YAAP) (how to apply):
To apply for IFAD Agrihub Youth Agripreneurship Apprentice Program (YAAP), applicants should fill and submit the IFAD Agrihub Training Application form online for the program.
Application Deadline: May 02, 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.