Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) Scholars Program 2024
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates from developing countries for the Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) Scholars Program 2024/2025 academic session. This program is open to undergraduate and graduate candidates.
This scholarship is an opportunity that offer Covers tuition fee, school fees and related expenses to qualified international undergraduate and graduate candidates. This program is sponsored by Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) and is to be taken at Home country or Any Developing Country. This Scholarship is generally granted for the full period of study; however, recipients must maintain good grades, participate in community service and meet WMI deadlines for submitting an official copy of school/course grades, completing the semester report.
WMI works to create social change through education and community building by providing bright young people in the developing world with student scholarships and skills training, building a network of grassroots leaders who are catalyzing community transformation.
Each year WMI provides support to students as they pursue various educational objectives. Support is provided for post-secondary school (university, polytechnic, trade school).
Financial support is primarily to cover tuition and school fees and directly related expenses including books and supplies. The WMI scholarship does not always cover the full cost of tuition and associated educational expenses.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI)
Scholarships to be taken at: Home country or Any Developing Country
Scholarships Worth: Covers tuition fee, school fees and related expenses
Number of Awards: Not Stated
Study Level: Undergraduate & Graduate
Nationality: International students (from developing country)
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) Scholars Program 2024:
- Have successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades
- Is 35 or under on March 1, 2024
- Will be studying in his or her country or another country in the developing world*
- Is pursuing his or her first bachelor’s degree or diploma
- Will be enrolled in a program of study that will benefit the community and/or contribute to the continued growth and advancement of his or her home country
- Plans to live and work in his or her own country after graduation
- Has demonstrated his or her commitment to giving back and has volunteered prior to applying
- May have some other funds available for his or her education, but will not be able to go to pursue his or her tertiary degree without financial assistance
Application Procedures for the 2024/2025 Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) Scholars Program (how to apply):
There are two ways to apply for this scholarship, is either online, or by mailing in a completed application packet to the office.
For applying online:
- You are to apply by visiting the application portal where you will be asked to create a free account (username and password),
- fill out information and upload documents. It is strongly suggested that you apply online as it will provide you with the opportunity to save your work and return multiple times.
- You will also guarantee that your application, once submitted online, will be received and reviewed. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
Mail-in: You will need to print the 2024 application form (available December 1, 2024) and it is your responsibility to clearly complete it and attach all required supporting documents before sending it.
Applicants are required to presents the following documents:
- Clear personal photo
- Essay (topic is stated on application form)
- 2024 application form (Available from December 1, 2023)
- Personal essay statement
- Two recommendation letters
- Official transcript of grades from secondary school
- Official grading key to interpret secondary school grades
- Official transcript of grades from tertiary studies (if applicable)
- Official grading key to interpret tertiary grades
- Official results from your national exam
- Official grading key to interpret scores on your national exam
Application Deadline: March 1, 2024
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.