International Entrance Scholarships 2023 at University of Calgary
The University of Calgary is presently accepting applications from qualified overseas applicants for their International Entrance Scholarships for undergraduate students who desire to enroll in a degree program at the university for the 2023/2024 academic session.
This Partial funding scholarship is an opportunity that offers $20,000 (Renewable x4) to qualified international Undergraduate candidates. This program is sponsored by University of Calgary and hosted by University of Calgary/Enrollment Services. The admission scholarships will be given out during the university enrollment procedure and are intended for undergraduate students in any faculty. The University of Calgary is pleased to provide this prize along with a number of others to promote foreign enrollment at the university.
The University of Calgary (U of C or UCalgary) is a public research university located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The University of Calgary started in 1944 as the Calgary branch of the University of Alberta, founded in 1908, prior to being instituted into a separate, autonomous university in 1966. It is composed of 14 faculties and over 85 research institutes and centers. A member of the U15, the University of Calgary is also one of Canada’s top research universities (based on the number of Canada Research Chairs). The university has a sponsored research revenue of $380.4 million, with total revenues exceeding $1.2 billion. The university maintains close ties to the petroleum and geoscience industry through the Department of Geosciences and the Schulich School of Engineering.[further explanation needed] The university also maintains several other departments and faculties, including the Cumming School of Medicine, the Faculty of Arts, the School of Public Policy, the Faculty of Law, and the Haskayne School of Business.
SEE ALSO: James Cook University Scholarships 2023
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Calgary
Host Institution(s): University of Calgary/Enrollment Services
Scholarship Worth: $20,000 (Renewable x4)
Number of Awards: 2
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: international Students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for International Entrance Scholarships 2023:
- Offered annually to undergraduate international students entering first year in any undergraduate degree in the upcoming fall term who have satisfied the university’s English Language Proficiency requirement.
- Renewable in the second, third and fourth year at the University of Calgary, provided recipients achieve a GPA of 2.60 or more over a minimum of 24.00 units in the previous fall and winter terms and continue to pay an international differential tuition fee as an international student.
- International students who are required to pay a differential fee and who are not Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents of Canada
- Academic merit will be the major consideration in selection of candidates.
- The scholarship recipients receive the award in the value of $20,000 per annum, renewable every on the basis of maintaining same academic performance.
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 International Entrance Scholarships (how to apply):
The intended applicants must first apply for a study spot at the university in order to receive a conditional or unconditional offer of admission because this award is an entrance scholarship. Scholarships are automatically given out according to academic merit.
Application Deadline: On-going
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.