IBM Masters Fellowship Program 2024
This fellowship is an opportunity awarded to qualified Masters applicants from across the globe. This program is sponsored by IBM and is to be taken at IBM. Strong collaboration with faculty, students and universities is vital to IBM. The IBM Masters Fellowship Program advances this collaboration by recognizing and supporting exceptional Masters students who want to make their mark in promising and disruptive technologies, regardless of their field of study.
The International Business Machines Corporation (doing business as IBM), nicknamed Big Blue, is an American multinational technology corporation headquartered in Armonk, New York and is present in over 175 countries. It specializes in computer hardware, middleware, and software, and provides hosting and consulting services in areas ranging from mainframe computers to nanotechnology. IBM is the largest industrial research organization in the world, with 19 research facilities across a dozen countries, and has held the record for most annual U.S. patents generated by a business for 29 consecutive years from 1993 to 2021. IBM was founded in 1911 as the Computing-Tabulating-Recording Company (CTR), a holding company of manufacturers of record-keeping and measuring systems. It was renamed “International Business Machines” in 1924 and soon became the leading manufacturer of punch-card tabulating systems. For the next several decades, IBM would become an industry leader in several emerging technologies, including electric typewriters, electromechanical calculators, and personal computers. During the 1960s and 1970s, the IBM mainframe, exemplified by the System/360, was the dominant computing platform, and the company produced 80 percent of computers in the U.S. and 70 percent of computers worldwide.
Award Sponsor(s): IBM
Award to be taken at: IBM
Award Amount: See benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Not stated
Study level: Masters
Nationality: All Nationalities
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for IBM Masters Fellowship Program 2024:
- Students must be nominated by a faculty member and must be a full-time student in a Masters program.
- Students should have at least 6 months remaining in their graduate program at the time of nomination.
- Award recipients will be selected based on their overall potential for excellence, the degree to which their interests align with those of IBM, and their academic progress to-date, as evidenced by endorsements from their faculty advisor and department head.
Candidates may currently be enrolled in Masters programs in the sciences, arts, nursing, business, law among a few with focus areas in the following topics of particular interest:
- Hybrid Cloud
- Artificial Intelligence
IBM Masters Fellowships Award Benefits:
- The one-year IBM Masters Fellowships are awarded to students from historically Black colleges and universities in the United States.
- US country award: $10,000 in a single award year
Application Procedures for the 2024/2025 IBM Masters Fellowship Program (how to apply):
Application for the IBM Masters Fellowship Program 2024 is done by nomination;
- Professors and supervisors can nominate your Masters student using the provided link.
- Students who want to be nominated should inform their professors and supervisors.
- Notification of the results will take place in December (of the application year)
Application Deadline: October 27, 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.