International Monetary Fund Youth Fellowship 2023
Applications are hereby invited from suitable and eligible candidates for International Monetary Fund Youth Fellowship 2023/2024 session.
This Youth Fellowship Program (YFP) is a fully funded opportunity given to qualified candidates from IMF member countries. This program is sponsored by International Monetary Fund (IMF) and it’s location is at Morocco. The IMF YFP is a competitive capacity building program aimed at sponsoring selected participants to experience the World Bank – IMF Annual Meetings in Marrakech, Morocco where they will have opportunities to meet scholars, activitists, leaders and experts while creating lasting connections with other youth fellows from the world. This Program is aimed at providing an opportunity for interested candidates to join the IMF at the forefront of the response to global economic challenges.
The International Monetary Fund is a major financial agency of the United Nations, and an international financial institution, headquartered in Washington, D.C., consisting of 190 countries. Its stated mission is “working to foster global monetary cooperation, secure financial stability, facilitate international trade, promote high employment and sustainable economic growth, and reduce poverty around the world.” Formed in 1944, started on December 27, 1945, at the Bretton Woods Conference, primarily by the ideas of Harry Dexter White and John Maynard Keynes, it came into formal existence in 1945 with 29 member countries and the goal of reconstructing the international monetary system. The IMF is regarded as the global lender of last resort.
Fellowship Sponsors: International Monetary Fund (IMF)
Program Type: Youth Fellowship Program (YFP)
Program Location: Morocco
Program Duration: Not specified
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Not specified
Nationality: IMF member countries
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for International Monetary Fund Youth Fellowship 2023:
- Be between the ages of 20 and 35 years as of October 15, 2023
- Have demonstrated experience in one or more of the following: Social activism and/or engaging with a civil society organization, Entrepreneurship and/or participating in a start-up, Content creation/influencer and/or contributing to independent platforms.
- Have knowledge and expertise in international studies, basic economics, and development issues, particularly on inclusive economic growth, the digital economy, or climate change
- Have graduated from or currently be a student in the field of international relations and development, communications, economics, or related fields
- Demonstrate good public speaking and presentation skills
- Be a citizen of an IMF member country
- Have no current affiliation with government institutions
- Not have previously been a fellow of the YFP.
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 International Monetary Fund Youth Fellowship (how to apply):
Interested applicants for the IMF Youth Fellowship 2023 are to complete an online application by the application deadline. Applicants are to note that applications can only be submitted in Arabic, English or French.
Application Deadline: June 30th, 2023
For information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.