International Presidential Undergraduate Scholarships 2024 at University Of Maine
The University of Maine is happy to invite interested and qualified overseas candidates who intend to enroll in undergraduate degree programs at the University for the 2024/2025 academic session to submit applications for the overseas Presidential Undergraduate Scholarships.
This Funded scholarship is an opportunity that offers US$15,000 to qualified international undergraduates students. This program is sponsored and hosted by University of Maine, USA. The University offers a limited number of International Presidential Scholarships in recognition of outstanding academic performance valued at US$15,000 per academic year.
The University of Maine (UMaine) is a public land-grant research university in Orono, Maine. It was established in 1865 as the land-grant college of Maine and is the flagship university of the University of Maine System. It is classified among “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very high research activity”. With an enrollment of approximately 11,500 students, UMaine is the state’s largest college or university. The University of Maine‘s athletic teams, nicknamed the Black Bears, are Maine’s only Division I athletics program. Maine’s men’s ice hockey team has won two national championships.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Maine, USA
Host Institution(s): University of Maine, USA
Scholarship Worth: US$15,000
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduates
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for International Presidential Undergraduate Scholarships 2024:
- International first-year and transfer undergraduate students are eligible to be considered for this award.
- Students receiving the Canadian resident tuition rate are not eligible for this award.
- Sponsored students are not eligible for this award.
Note: The award is not renewed each year automatically. Students must maintain full-time enrollment and a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of at least 3.00 for the scholarship to be renewed. Additionally, the award is for a maximum of 8 semesters (4 academic years) for a student entering as a first-year applicant and 4 semesters (2 academic years) for a transfer student. Recipients of the award must also remain on a non-immigrant student visa F-1 or J-1 to be eligible for the scholarship.
- The University of Maine International Presidential Scholarship is awarded to top-tier international applications each year.
- Female applicants and applicants from countries underrepresented in the University of Maine international student population are encouraged to apply.
Awards are typically made along with an offer of admission to the University of Maine. Maximum of 8 semesters (4 academic years) for a student entering as a first-year applicant and 6 semesters (3 academic years) for a transfer student.
Application Procedures for the 2024/2025 International Presidential Undergraduate Scholarships (how to apply):
- Complete one of our applications – the Common Application or the ApplyMaine Application.
- Submit transcripts of all previous secondary/high school or university work (submission requirements by country). In addition, if the document is not in English, submit a certified English translation.
- We can accept copies of transcripts and test scores submitted by the student email@example.com. Once admitted, the student will be required to submit official documents to our office before class registration is possible.
- Submit your English language proficiency test score. See our accepted tests and minimum requirements, as well as our test waiver policy lower on this page.
- Pay the $50 nonrefundable application fee here.
- Submit a Declaration of Finances along with supporting documents via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. If submitted with the application, this form expedites the issuing of the I-20 (immigration document).
- Submit a copy of passport ID page via e-mail to email@example.com.
International Presidential Scholarships: Applicants are considered for this scholarship when their application for admission is reviewed. No additional application is required. Applicants do not need to submit SAT and ACT scores to be considered for this award.
Application Deadline: November 1, 2023
For More Information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Webpage.