Food And Agriculture Organization Internship 2024
Food And Agriculture Organization Internship is now accepting applications from exceptional and highly motivated people globally for the 2023/2024 session. To apply for this program, candidates must be undergraduate and graduate students.
This Internships is organized by FAO and is located at Rome, Italy. This program is eligible to qualified undergraduate and graduate applicants worldwide. The Internship Program is a learning opportunity aiming to attract talented young women and men who are strongly motivated to share their new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest research experience in FAO’s domains. At the same time, the Program provides FAO with the assistance of qualified individuals specializing in relevant fields in connection to FAO Strategic Objectives and UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto, fiat panis, translates to “let there be bread”. It was founded on 16 October 1945. The FAO comprises 195 members, including 194 countries and the European Union. Its headquarters is in Rome, Italy, and it maintains regional and field offices worldwide, operating in over 130 countries. It helps governments and development agencies coordinate their activities to improve and develop agriculture, forestry, fisheries, and land and water resources. It also conducts research, provides technical assistance to projects, operates educational and training programs, and collects agricultural output, production, and development data. The FAO is governed by a biennial conference representing each member country and the European Union, which elects a 49-member executive council. The Director-General, as of 2019 Qu Dongyu of China, serves as the chief administrative officer. Various committees govern matters such as finance, programs, agriculture, and fisheries.
SEE ALSO: IBM Masters Fellowship Program 2024
Program Location: Rome, Italy
Program Duration: 3 months to 11 months
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Undergraduate and Graduate
Nationality: All Nationalities
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for Food And Agriculture Organization Internship 2024:
- Enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate degree program in a bonafide (i.e. listed in the IAU/UNESCO data base) educational institution at the time of application or recent graduates.
- Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish). Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset. Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE and LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Be nationals of FAO Member Nations.
- Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother or father) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not be eligible for the Internship Program.
- Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the proposed duty station prior to the start of the internship assignment.
FAO Core Competencies:
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Technical/Functional Skills: Relevant academic experience in one of the fields of the Organization.
- Once your profile is completed, please apply and submit your application through the FAO recruitment portal. Only applications received through the FAO
- recruitment portal will be considered.
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided on your online profile.
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- FAO pays a monthly stipend to interns if they are not sponsored by sending universities or other entities.
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 Food And Agriculture Organization Internship (how to apply):
Interested candidates for Food And Agriculture Organization Internship must Click Here to Apply.
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications and language skills.
- You are requested to attach a letter of motivation, the evidence of attendance in a recognized university or copy of your academic qualifications to the online profile.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Candidates who are not selected before the closing date and wish to be continuously considered for an assignment are requested to re-apply to the new Calls.
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
- If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
Application Deadline: December 1, 2023
For More Information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Webpage.