Commonwealth PhD Scholarships 2023
The Commonwealth PhD Scholarships are now accepting applications from highly motivated students from high-income countries who have earned strong academic outcomes for the academic year 2023/2024. They are eligible to apply for PhD programs.
This Scholarships is a fully funded opportunity awarded to qualified PhD candidates. This program is sponsored by Commonwealth UK Department for Education (DfE) and hosted by Commonwealth Country Universities. Funded by the UK Department for Education (DfE), Commonwealth PhD Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK.
SEE ALSO: Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2023
Commonwealth PhD Scholarships are for candidates from high income countries for full-time doctoral study at a UK university.
These scholarships are offered under six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Commonwealth UK Department for Education (DfE)
Host Institution(s): Commonwealth Country Universities
Scholarship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: High income countries
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for Commonwealth PhD Scholarships 2023:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be registered for a PhD at a university in an eligible Commonwealth country by the time your Scholarship starts (September 2023)
- Ensure that an institutional or departmental link exists between your home university and your proposed UK university. This link must be greater than simply a collaboration between individuals – see section on ‘Tenure and placement’ for further details. Both supervisors must provide a supporting statement which provides further details of the link to ensure your application is eligible.
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK in September 2023
- By September 2023, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honors standard, or a lower second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree)
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this Scholarship
SEE ALSO: Columbia College Scholarships 2023
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 Commonwealth PhD Scholarships (how to apply):
When the online application portal is active, qualified applicants may submit their applications there. With the help of Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships, talented and driven people can expand their knowledge and expertise in a specific field and contribute to the sustainable development of their home nations.
Application Deadline: To be updated
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.