African Union Internship program 2023
Applications for the African Union Internship Program for the academic year 2023/2024 are now being accepted from qualified African individuals. The undergraduate program accepts applications.
This Internship is an opportunity awarded to qualified African undergraduates students. This program is organized by African Union and its location in Ghana. It will provide an avenue for participants to gain exposure and some hands-on experience in various applicable fields, while learning in a multi-cultural environment. Its main goal is to give successful candidates the opportunity to improve their analytical and technical skills in an international environment.
The African Union (AU) is a continental union consisting of 55 member states located on the continent of Africa. The AU was announced in the Sirte Declaration in Sirte, Libya, on 9 September 1999, calling for the establishment of the African Union. The bloc was founded on 26 May 2001 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and launched on 9 July 2002 in Durban, South Africa. The intention of the AU was to replace the Organization of African Unity (OAU), established on 25 May 1963 in Addis Ababa by 32 signatory governments; the OAU was disbanded on 9 July 2002. The most important decisions of the AU are made by the Assembly of the African Union, a semi-annual meeting of the heads of state and government of its member states. The AU’s secretariat, the African Union Commission, is based in Addis Ababa. The largest city in the AU is Lagos, Nigeria, while the largest urban agglomeration is Cairo, Egypt. The African Union has more than 1.3 billion people and an area of around 30 million km2 (12 million sq mi) and includes world landmarks, such as the Sahara and the Nile. The primary working languages are Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, and Swahili.Within the African Union, there are official bodies, such as the Peace and Security Council and the Pan-African Parliament.
Company/Organisation(s): African Union
Program Type: Internship
Program Location: Ghana
Program Duration: 3 months
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Undergraduates
Nationality: African Students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for African Union Internship program 2023:
- Applicants must be nationals of a Member State of the African Union and residing in Ghana.
- Applicants must be Final year students who are enrolled on full-time basis on a fully accredited degree program in a recognized public or private institution of higher learning in any of the following areas: IT, Digital Application, Digital Policy or related fields.
- Full availability for a minimum of three months, being the duration of the program
- Proficiency in one of the AU Official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic, Kiswahili and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
- Applicants should possess a high level of quantitative and IT skills (tests will be administered)
- Must possess very good ICT skills and be familiar with Microsoft Office suite
- Applicants should be capable and willing to work in a multicultural and international team environment
- Applicants should be committed to upholding and adhering to the rules and values of the Institution for the duration of the program
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
SEE ALSO: ENS de Lyon Masters scholarships 2024
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 African Union Internship program (how to apply):
Application for the AfCFTA Secretariat Internship Program are submitted online. If you are a first-time user of the AfCFTA online registration system, you will need to register before you can log in.
Applicants must submit the following supporting documents with their online application:
A motivation letter indicating what they expect to gain out of the internship program
• A copy of valid passport or identity card
• A letter of motivation
• Current curriculum vitae (CV)
• Proof of enrollment, preferably a letter of introduction from one’s University
Upon successful submission of their application, applicants will receive an email confirmation that their application has been successfully received.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.