Globalink Research Internship 2024
Globalink Research Internship is now seeking extraordinary and highly motivated international candidates for the 2024/2025 session. Candidates with an undergraduate degree are eligible to apply.
This Undergraduate internships program is organized by Mitacs and is located at Canada. From May to October of each year, top-ranked applicants participate in a 12-week research internship under the supervision of Canadian university faculty members in a variety of academic disciplines, from science, engineering, and mathematics to the humanities and social sciences. This program is open to qualified international undergraduate applicants.
Mitacs is a nonprofit national research organization that, in partnerships with Canadian academia, private industry and government, operates research and training programs in fields related to industrial and social innovation. Mitacs was founded by Canadian mathematicians in 1999. The organization, whose name originally stood for “Mathematics of Information Technology and Complex Systems”, worked in the field of mathematical sciences and associated disciplines but has since expanded. In 2004, the Mitacs Accelerate program was launched and has since supported over 10,000 internships nationally.
Program Type: Undergraduate Internships
Program Location: Canada
Program Duration: 12-weeks
Available Slots: Several
Basic Qualifications: Undergraduate Students
Nationality: International Applicants
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for Globalink Research Internship 2024:
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of application
- Be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or combined undergraduate/master’s program at an eligible institution (see list of eligible institutions by country)
- Have one to three semesters remaining in their program as of Fall 2024 (see requirement by country)
- Meet the grade requirements for their country of study (see GPA requirements for each international partner)
- Apply to a minimum of three and a maximum of seven projects and ensure selections are from at least three different Canadian provinces
- Be fluent in the oral and written language of the project (English and/or French)
- Be available to complete an internship lasting 12 consecutive weeks between May 1 and October 31
- Eligible Countries: Mitacs Globalink Research Internship is a competitive initiative for international undergraduates from the following countries and regions: Australia, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Mexico, Pakistan, South Korea, Taiwan, Tunisia, Ukraine, United Kingdom and the United States.
Benefits of the Internship
- A 12-week internship that increases your knowledge of and explores hands-on research in your field of study
- Work under the supervision of outstanding faculty members, with graduate students and research associates
- Access to Canada’s unique research landscape: applied, dynamic, and innovative
- A rewarding experience combining academic research at a Canadian university, professional skills development courses and social activities
- A chance for you to explore your independence and gain international experience in a new country
- The opportunity to connect with potential graduate supervisors should you be interested in returning to Canada for graduate studies with a Mitacs Globalink Graduate Fellowship.
Application Procedures for 2024/2025 Globalink Research Internship (how to apply):
Applications for the are accepted online, to apply, click here. Before applying you are advised to check through the eligibility and application requirements. Amongst other things, your “university transcripts” is a major requirement and must be included in the application.
Application Deadline: September 21, 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.