The Rhodes Scholarships for Global Students 2023
Applications are invited from eligible international candidates to apply for the Rhodes Scholarships for Global Students 2023/2024 academic session. This program is eligible to Postgraduate students.
This Fully Funded scholarship is awarded to qualified international Postgraduate candidates. Rhodes Global Scholarship provides 100 fully-funded Scholarships each year and is seeking outstanding young leaders who are motivated to engage with global challenges and to promote international understanding and peace. The scholarship will provide funding for successful students to study in University of Oxford. This program is hosted by University of Oxford, UK and sponsored by Rhodes Trust.
The University of Oxford is a collegiate research university in Oxford, England. There is evidence of teaching as early as 1096, making it the oldest university in the English-speaking world and the world’s second-oldest university in continuous operation. The university is made up of thirty-nine semi-autonomous constituent colleges, five permanent private halls, and a range of academic departments which are organized into four divisions. All the colleges are self-governing institutions within the university, each controlling its own membership and with its own internal structure and activities. Oxford operates the world’s oldest university museum, the largest university press in the world and the largest academic library system nationwide.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Rhodes Trust
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
Host Institution(s): University of Oxford, UK
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: 100
Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters)
Nationality: International students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for The Rhodes Scholarships for Global Students 2023:
- Applicants may only apply to the Global Scholarships if they are not eligible to apply via any existing Rhodes constituency.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years and have not reached their 24th birthday by 1 October 2023. OR for older candidates who have completed their first undergraduate degree later than usual must not have reached their 27th
- Applicants must have already completed, or will have completed by July 2024, an undergraduate degree (normally a Bachelors degree) with an academic background and grade that – at a minimum meets or exceeds the specific entry requirements of their chosen full-time course at the University of Oxford.
- Must have a sufficiently high standard of English and have met, by the application deadline, the English language proficiency requirements of the University of Oxford.
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 Rhodes Scholarships for Global Students (how to apply):
Interested applicants for the Rhodes Scholarships for Global must obtain a letter of nomination from their university. You will need to register the details of an appropriate nominator via the application form and you will only be able to submit your application once they have submitted their nomination. Applicants can apply online after being nominated.
- Upload copies of official documents to further outline your geographical background and to prove that you meet the age requirements e.g. birth certificate, National registration Card, passport etc.
- Official transcript from the college or university you are studying or have studied.
- Evidence of English Language proficiency.
- Provide details of an appropriate nominator.
- Full curriculum vitae
- A head-and-shoulders colour photograph (jpg format).
- A personal statement of no more than 750 words.
Application Deadline: 1st August 2023 at 23:59 GMT
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.