The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program 2023
Suitably qualified international graduates are invited to submit application for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program in USA for the 2023/2024 academic year.
This Graduate Fellowships is sponsored by Hubert H. Humphrey, USA and hosted by Institute of International Education, Washington, D.C. The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program enhances leadership among international professionals who collaborate to address local and global challenges and foster change for our collective good. This program is open to graduate candidates.
The Hubert H Humphrey Fellowship Program, offered by Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State, is an exchange program for young and mid-career professionals from developing countries and nations undergoing democratic transition. The one-year long non-degree graduate level study program focuses on leadership development, and collaboration with U.S. counterparts. The Program, which was established to honor the public service career of the late Senator and Vice President, Hubert H. Humphrey, began in 1978. Fourteen major universities in the United States, which are chosen for their excellence in the Program’s designated fields of study and for the resources, host Humphrey Fellows. Each year, approximately, 200 fellowships are awarded. Since 1978, more than 4,600 Fellows from 157 countries have participated in the program. Primary funding for this fellowship comes from the U.S. Congress. The following universities host the Humphrey Fellows.
The Institute of International Education is a 501 organization which focuses on international student exchange and aid, foreign affairs, and international peace and security. IIE creates programs of study and training for students, educators and professionals from various sectors.Founded in the year 1919.
Through academic study and professional development with U.S. counterparts, this growing global network shares best practices and builds expertise in fields of critical importance to:
- Advance societal and institutional capacity,
- Promote human rights and freedoms,
- Ensure sustainable environments,
- And develop thriving communities.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Hubert H. Humphrey, USA
Fellowship Type: Graduate Fellowships
Host Institution(s): Institute of International Education, Washington, D.C.
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Graduate Students
Nationality: International Students
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program 2023 :
- Applicants must be international students
- Applicants must have an undergraduate (first university or Bachelor’s) degree
- A minimum of five years of full-time, professional experience
- Limited or no prior experience in the United States
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- A record of public service in the community
- English language ability
The successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university;
- Pre-academic English language training, if required;
- A maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance;
- Accident and sickness coverage;
- A book allowance;
- A one-time computer subsidy;
- Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the Program and domestic travel to required program events);
- A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits and conferences.
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program 2023 (how to apply):
To access the Humphrey Fellowship application and learn more about applying, please contact the U.S. Embassy (Public Affairs Section) or Binational Fulbright Commission in your country.
Application Deadline: Not Specified
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.