HFSP Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2023
Applications are hereby invited from eligible and international candidates for HFSP Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2023/2024 session. This program is open to PhD candidates.
This Fellowship program is a fully funded opportunity given to qualified PhD candidates. This program is sponsored and hosted by Human Frontier Science Program (HFSP). The HFSP fellowship program supports proposals for frontier, potentially transformative research in the life sciences. Applications for high-risk projects are particularly encouraged. The projects should be interdisciplinary in nature and should challenge existing paradigms by using novel approaches and techniques. Scientifically, they should address an important problem or a barrier to progress in the field.
The International Human Frontier Science Program Organization (HFSPO) is a non-profit organization, based in Strasbourg, France, that funds basic research in life sciences. The organization implements the Human Frontier Science Program (HFSP) and is supported by 14 countries and the European Commission. Shigekazu Nagata is the HFSPO President and Chair of the Board of Trustees since 2018.
There are two different fellowships are available:
Long-Term Fellowships (LTF) are for applicants with a PhD on a biological topic who want to embark on a novel and frontier project focusing on the life sciences.
Cross-Disciplinary Fellowships (CDF) are for applicants who hold a doctoral degree from a non-biological discipline (e.g. physics, chemistry, mathematics, engineering or computer sciences) and who have not worked in the life sciences before.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Human Frontier Science Program (HFSP)
Host Institution(s): Human Frontier Science Program (HFSP)
Fellowship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for HFSP Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2023:
To be eligible for HFSP Postdoctoral Fellowships Program, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- A candidate who is not a national from one of the HFSP members (see list below) may apply to work only in a research institution in one of the member countries. A candidate who is a national of one of the member countries can apply to work in a research institution in any country.
- Applicants must propose to work in a country different to the one where they did their previous PhD work or first post-doctoral studies. For those institutions that are not classified as national, i.e. international or extraterritorial institutions such as EMBL, ICPT or ICGEB, the country in which the laboratory is located will be considered the host country.
- A research doctorate (PhD) or a doctoral-level degree comparable to a PhD with equivalent experience in basic research (e.g. a research-based MD or medical PhD) must be conferred by the start of the fellowship.
- Applicants must have at least one lead author publication by the submission deadline of the Letter of Intent which can be a manuscript (1) published in a recognized OA preprint repository, or (2) accepted for publication, (3) in press or (4) already published by a peer reviewed journal.
- Applicants with a PhD on a biological discipline for Long-Term Fellowships (LTF)
- Applicants who hold a doctoral degree from a non-biological discipline for Cross-Disciplinary Fellowships (CDF)
- Applicants will be asked to submit a Letter of Intent.
HFSP member countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus (EU part only), Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Republic of Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States of America.
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 HFSP Postdoctoral Fellowships Program (how to apply):
Applications for the 2024 HFSP Long-Term and Cross-Disciplinary Fellowships (to start in 2024) will follow a two-step submission process via the online submission platform ProposalCentral.
Firstly, applicants will be asked to submit a Letter of Intent from which the review committee will select the best proposals. In a second step, successful applicants will be invited to submit a Full Proposal.
For questions about registration in ProposalCentral please use the following contact:
Phone: +1 703 964 5840.
Application Deadline: May 11, 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.