The Gates Scholarship 2023
Applications are currently invited from eligible domestic and international candidates for the 2023/2024 application phase of The Gates Scholarship. This program is eligible to Undergraduates candidates.
This Fully-funded scholarship is an opportunity awarded to domestic and international Undergraduates. This program is sponsored by The Gates Scholarship (TGS) and hosted by US accredited Institutions. The Gates Scholarship (TGS) is a highly selective, last-dollar scholarship for outstanding, minority, high school seniors from low-income households. Each year, the scholarship is awarded to exceptional student leaders, with the intent of helping them realize their maximum potential.
Scholars will receive funding for the full cost of attendance that is not already covered by other financial aid and the expected family contribution, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or the methodology used by a Scholar’s college or university.
Cost of attendance includes tuition, fees, room, board, books, and transportation, and may include other personal costs.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Gates Scholarship (TGS)
Host Institution(s): US accredited Institutions.
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduates
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for The Gates Scholarship 2023:
- A high school senior
- From at least one of the following ethnicities: African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American
- A US citizen, national, or permanent resident
- In good academic standing with a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Additionally, a student must plan to enroll full-time, in a four-year degree program, at a US accredited, not-for-profit, private or public college or university.
- For American Indian/Alaska Native, proof of tribal enrollment will be required.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- An outstanding academic record in high school (in the top 10% of his/her graduating class)
- Demonstrated leadership ability (e.g., as shown through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities)
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
SEE ALSO: Kader Asmal Fellowship Program 2024
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 The Gates Scholarship (how to apply):
Interested and eligible applicants seeking for The Gates Scholarship (TGS) Program should sign in to apply online by filling in and submit the required details.
Application Deadline: September 15, 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.