NVIDIA Graduate Fellowship Programme 2024
Applications are currently welcomed from qualified applicants from across the globe for NVIDIA Graduate Fellowship Programme for the 2024/2025 sessions. This program is open to PhD candidates.
This fellowship is an opportunity that offers up to $60,000 to qualified PhD students. This program is sponsored by NVIDIA and is to be taken globally. NVIDIA has long believed that investing in university talent is beneficial to the industry and key to our continued growth and success. NVIDIA partners with industry leaders to tackle some of the most complex computing challenges. We’re creating profound change in fields as diverse as medicine, space exploration, automotive design and film production. We’ve only scratched the surface of what we can accomplish when we apply our technology to it. We need innovative and talented doctoral students, who aren’t afraid of a challenge, to help us tackle these opportunities.
Nvidia Corporation is an American multinational technology company incorporated in Delaware and based in Santa Clara, California. It is a software and fabless company which designs graphics processing units (GPUs), application programming interface (APIs) for data science and high-performance computing as well as system on a chip units (SoCs) for the mobile computing and automotive market. Nvidia is a dominant supplier of artificial intelligence hardware and software. Its professional line of GPUs are used in workstations for applications in such fields as architecture, engineering and construction, media and entertainment, automotive, scientific research, and manufacturing design. Nvidia’s GPUs are used for edge to cloud computing and supercomputers. Nvidia expanded its presence in the gaming industry with its handheld game consoles Shield Portable, Shield Tablet, and Shield TV and its cloud gaming service GeForce Now. Nvidia’s offer to acquire Arm from SoftBank in September 2020 failed to materialize following extended regulatory scrutiny, leading to the termination of the deal in February 2022 in what would have been the largest semiconductor acquisition. Nvidia was founded on April 5, 1993.
SEE ALSO: Hong Kong PhD Fellowships 2024
Fellowship Sponsor(s): NVIDIA
Fellowship to be Taken at: Globally
Funding Amount: up to $60,000
Number of Awards: Not specified
Study Level: PhD Study Level.
Nationality: All Nationalities
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for NVIDIA Graduate Fellowship Programme 2024:
- Students must have already completed their first year of PhD level studies (at the time of application)
- Students must have majors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, System Architecture, Electrical Engineering, or a related area
- Students must be engaged in active research as part of their PhD thesis
- Students must be enrolled as a full time active PhD student during the 2024-2025 academic year (9 months) of the award – this means they should not be expecting to graduate sooner than May/June 2025.
- Students must be available to complete a summer internship (which due to COVID-19 may be held remotely) prior to the start of their Fellowship year.
- Students may not be immediate family of a current NVIDIA employee
- Note: The award must be administered through the student’s university; payment will be made to the university, not directly to the student
Proposals Will be Evaluated for:
- Letters of recommendation
- Academic performance (GPA) and achievements
- Research results to date
- Research proposal for fellowship
- Publication track record
Relevance to NVIDIA
- How your work connects to NVIDIA’s primary research domains
- How your research might influence the design, performance or use of future GPUs
The Graduate Fellowship Award amount may vary by country, region or location.
Application Procedures for the 2024/2025 NVIDIA Graduate Fellowship Programme (how to apply):
Interested applicants for NVIDIA Graduate Fellowship Programme should Click here to apply.
Submission Portal: It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that all of these items are submitted prior to the deadline. We are using a Submission Portal in which the student manages their own application. The student must:
- Complete the student profile – start this now; you can go back to the portal repeatedly until you submit the final application
- Complete your application input including research summary thesis proposal and resume (CV)
- Add contacts for the letters of recommendation — an email will automatically be sent on your behalf to each recommender you add — be sure to add your professors/recommenders early in the process! Do not wait until close to the deadline!
- Monitor the status of your recommendation letters in the portal — do not click on the final submission until the recommendation status shows “recommendation uploaded” for each recommendation you are expecting — the professor deadline has been set 1 day prior to the student deadline to allow the student to ensure all documents are received before submitting — the deadline for recommendation letters is 3pm Pacific September 6, 2023.
- Communicate with the recommenders to complete their letter upload on time – it is the student’s responsibility to ensure their letters are received into the system.
- Submit the final application when all items are complete, and prior to the application deadline: 3pm Pacific September 7, 2023.
Submissions are currently OPEN. Please access the submission site here.
Notifications of final decisions will be emailed by the end of November
Documents Required for Application
Graduate Fellowship Applications Must Include:
- Research summary/thesis proposal – up to 2 pages, plus bibliography
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV) including contact information
- Professor nomination letters (2 letters minimum (must include one from thesis advisor), up to 3 letters maximum — OK to have nomination letters from non-professors, as long as you have one from your thesis advisor/professor).
- Confirmation of availability for summer internship
Application Deadline: September 7 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit our Official Website.