Hong Kong PhD Fellowships 2024
This fellowship is an opportunity awarded to qualified international PhD students. This program is sponsored by Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong and is to be taken at Hong Kong’s universities. The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS), which was established by the Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong in 2009, intends to entice the best and brightest students in the world to pursue their PhD studies in Hong Kong’s universities.
The Research Grants Council (RGC), established in January 1991, is a non-statutory advisory council functioning under the aegis of the Committee. It is responsible for providing suggestions to the Government on the needs of Hong Kong’s higher education institutions in academic research and distribution of funding for research projects undertaken by the UGC-funded universities.
SEE ALSO: U.S Google Public Policy Fellowship 2023
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong.
Fellowship to be Taken at: Hong Kong’s universities.
Funding Amount: See Program Benefits.
Number of Awards: 300 Fellowships to be funded.
Study Level: PhD Study Level.
Nationality: International Students.
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for Hong Kong PhD Fellowships 2024:
- Candidates should be an international student seeking to study in Hong Kong (irrespective of their country of origin),
- Applicants should prior work experience and ethnic background, should be eligible to apply.
- Applicants should demonstrate outstanding qualities of academic performance, research ability / potential, communication and interpersonal skills, and leadership abilities.
While candidates’ academic excellence is of primary consideration, the Selection Panels will take into account factors as follows:
- Academic excellence;
- Research ability and potential;
- Communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Leadership abilities.
Eligible Participating Universities
Candidates are to seek admission as new full time PhD students in the following eligible participating eight universities;
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- Lingnan University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Education University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The University of Hong Kong
- The Fellowship provides an annual stipend of HK$331,200 (approximately US$42,460) and a conference and research-related travel allowance of HK$13,800 (approximately US$1,760) per year for each awardee for a period up to three years.
- 300 PhD Fellowships will be awarded in the 2024/25 academic year (Universities in Hong Kong normally start their academic year in September).
- For awardees who need more than three years to complete the PhD degree, additional support may be provided by the chosen universities.
Application Procedures for the 2024/2025 Hong Kong PhD Fellowships (how to apply):
Direct applications should be made to any of the participating colleges indicated above by interested and qualified candidates. The individual colleges will provide information on how to apply for the fellowship program.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.