Mastercard Foundation Scholarships 2023 at University of Cape Town
The University of Cape Town in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation is delighted to announce as well as invite intellectual African students who wish to further their education in South Africa to partake in the on going Mastercard Foundation Scholarship 2023. This program is open to suitable candidates who wish to continue their Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies.
This scholarship program is open to Undergraduate and Postgraduate students. This scholarship scheme is a fully funded opportunity that covers the tuition fee and general expenses. This program is hosted by University of Cape Town and sponsored by University of Cape Town, Mastercard Foundation. The program is an initiative that provides academically talented young people from economically disadvantaged communities in Africa with access to quality university education.
The Mastercard Foundation is an international non-governmental organization established by Mastercard in 2006. The organization, which is based in Toronto, Ontario, has supported work in 49 countries. In 2018, Mastercard Foundation shifted to a specific focus on Africa, through its Young Africa Works strategy.
The University of Cape Town is a public research university in Cape Town, South Africa. Established in 1829 as the South African College, it was granted full university status in 1918, making it the oldest university in South Africa and the oldest university in Sub-Saharan Africa in continuous operation.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholarships at the University of Cape Town ensure a premium educational package that will produce graduates whose qualifications are internationally recognized and locally applicable, and whose transition into the workforce is underpinned by values of engaged citizenship and social justice. The scholarships cover the full period of study and are renewable annually subject to satisfactory performance and participation in the activities and opportunities offered by the program.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Cape Town, Mastercard Foundation
Host Institution(s): University of Cape Town
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Not specified
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for Mastercard Foundation Scholarships 2023:
- Must be Africans who are willing to enroll in an undergraduate or postgraduate studies at University of Cape Town.
- Must be academically talented – value learning and are driven to complete their education.
- Must be economically disadvantaged – facing significant financial barriers to completing their education.
- Must be committed to giving back – investing in their communities, using the skills and knowledge that they have acquired.
- Must demonstrate that they are committed to embracing ethical leadership and making a positive change in their home communities.
- Comprehensive financial assistance with visa applications, travel, tuition, living expenses, medical aid and accommodation.
- Academic and peer mentor support.
- Career and internship opportunities in Africa, service learning, experiential learning – career guidance and support for transition to further study or the workforce.
- Leadership development and training.
- Alumni networks for further support.
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 Mastercard Foundation Scholarships (how to apply):
Application Window: March to July
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.