Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program 2024
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates from across the globe for Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program 2024 session. This program is open to Mid-Career Professions.
This Fellowship program is an opportunity given to qualified Mid-Career Professions. This program is sponsored by The U.S. Department of State and hosted by Leading U.S. Universities. As a non-degree program, the Fellowship offers valuable opportunities for professional development through selected university courses, attending conferences, networking, and practical work experiences.
In 26 countries, the Humphrey Fellowship Program is administered by a Binational Fulbright Commission. In all other participating countries, the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy is charged with the operation of the Program.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): The U.S. Department of State
Host Institution(s): Leading U.S. Universities
Number of Awards: Up to 200 Fellows/Year
Study Level: Mid-Career Professions
Duration: 6-10 months
Nationality: Any Nationality
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program 2024:
- An undergraduate (first university or Bachelor’s) degree
- A minimum of five years of full-time, professional experience
- Limited or no prior experience in the United States
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- A record of public service in the community
- English language ability
To find out if citizens of your country/region are eligible to participate in the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program, click on your region. If your country/region appears on the list, you are eligible to apply.
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- Europe and Eurasia
- Middle East and North Africa
- East Asia and Pacific
- South and Central Asia
- Western Hemisphere
Generally, programs that are eligible for the Humphrey Fellowship Program are grouped as follows;
Human and Institutional Development
- Economic Development
- Finance and Banking
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Technology Policy and Management
- Human Resource Management
Rights and Freedoms
- International Religious Freedom
- Law and Human Rights
- Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Natural Resources, Environmental and Climate Change
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Contagious and Infectious Diseases
- Public Health Policy and Management
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Higher Education Administration
- Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
The Fellowship provides for:
- Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university;
- Pre-academic English language training, if required;
- A maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance;
- Accident and sickness coverage;
- A book allowance;
- A one-time computer subsidy;
- Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the Program and domestic travel to required program events);
- A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits and conferences.
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program (how to apply):
To access the Humphrey Fellowship application and learn more about applying, please contact the U.S. Embassy (Public Affairs Section) or Binational Fulbright Commission in your country. For contact information and embassy addresses, please see participating countries by region.
Application Deadline: Varies by country
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.