Harvard Academy Scholars Program 2023
Applications are currently invited from interested students from across the globe to apply for Harvard Academy Scholars Program in the United States, commencing program for 2023/2024 academic session. This program is eligible to PhD and Postdocs candidates.
This Postgraduate Fellowships is an opportunity that offers Up to $75,000 annual stipend + other benefits to qualified PhD and Postdocs students. The Academy Scholars Program seeks out and supports outstanding early-career scholars whose work demonstrates a mastery of languages, histories, and cultures outside of North America and the United States, as well as disciplinary brilliance in the social sciences. This program is sponsored by Harvard University/Academy and hosted by Harvard University.
Harvard University is a private Ivy League research university in Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States. Founded in 1636 as Harvard College and named for its first benefactor, the Puritan clergyman John Harvard, it is the oldest institution of higher learning in the United States. Its influence, wealth, and rankings have made it one of the most prestigious universities in the world. The university is composed of ten academic faculties plus Harvard Radcliffe Institute. The Faculty of Arts and Sciences offers study in a wide range of undergraduate and graduate academic disciplines, and other faculties offer only graduate degrees, including professional degrees.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Harvard University/Academy
Scholarship Type: Postgraduate Fellowships
Host Institution(s): Harvard University
Scholarship Worth: Up to $75,000 annual stipend + other benefits
Study Level: PhD and Postdocs
Number of Awards: 4 to 6 per year
Nationality: Any nationality
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for Harvard Academy Scholars Program 2023:
- These awards are open to recipients of PhD or comparable doctoral degrees (within two years of the August 1, 2024, start date) and advanced doctoral candidates in the social sciences.
- Scholars nearing dissertation completion must be able to submit degree conferral documentation issued by their university registrar’s office by June 30, 2024, for an August 1, 2024, start date.
- Individuals who hold or have completed another Harvard postdoctoral fellowship are not eligible to apply.
- Postdoctoral Academy Scholars will receive an annual stipend of $75,000.
- The stipend is supplemented by funding for conference and research travel, research assistants, and health insurance coverage.
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 Harvard Academy Scholars Program (how to apply):
The three letters of recommendation are among the many components of the application that must be provided online in pdf format. By selecting the APPLY ONLINE button on the homepage of The Harvard Academy’s website, you may access the online application.
All application materials need to be submitted by the deadline of September 22. late applications will not be accepted.
The completed application will include:
- Cover letter which succinctly states the applicant’s academic field, country or region of specialization, and proposed research topic
- Curriculum vitae (CV) or resumé; including list of publications
- Research proposal (2500 word maximum); including intellectual objectives and planned methodological and disciplinary work
- A copy of your PhD program transcript
- Three letters of recommendation (uploaded through the online application)
Letters should be addressed to the “Selection Committee.” Letters of recommendation need to be uploaded by the deadline.
Application Deadline: September 22, 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.