German Bundestag Exchange Scholarships 2023
Applications are now open for the 2023/2024 German Bundestag Exchange Program for Sub-Saharan Africans to study in Germany. This program is eligible to Postgraduate candidates.
This Full Funding scholarship is an opportunity that is awarded to qualified African Postgraduate candidates. This program is hosted and sponsored by German Bundestag. The award is intended for recent graduates who are eager to learn about the German parliamentary system and actively contribute to the advancement of fundamental democratic values in their home nations. Participants will receive a four-week intensive program where they will learn about the German legislative system and decision-making procedures firsthand.
The German Bundestag (commonly referred to as Bundestag) is the legislature of Germany. It meets in Berlin, in the Reichstag building, which was specially rebuilt ready for the Bundestag to move from Bonn. The Bundestag has at least 598 members. Every 4 years the German people vote. After the 2017 election there were 709 members. In the election of 26 September 2021, 736 members were assigned – the base 598 seats plus 138 overhang and leveling seats. The next elections are in 2025.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): German Bundestag
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): German Bundestag
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship benefits
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for German Bundestag Exchange Scholarships 2023:
- Applicants must be a citizen of the three participating African countries.
- Must be under the age of 30 at the start of the scholarship
- Must have obtained a good university degree
- Must possess a very good knowledge of German
- An interest in politics, social/political commitment.
- Monthly scholarship of 500 euros.
- Costs of health, accident and personal liability insurance.
- Costs of travel to and from Berlin.
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 German Bundestag Exchange Scholarships (how to apply):
Interested applicants for the German Bundestag Exchange Scholarships 2023 are to send their completed online application documents by email as a PDF-file, with the file name consisting of applicant’s surname followed by applicant’s given name (i.e. surname-first name), to the German mission in their home country.
Application should be submitted in German and include the following scanned documents:
- Passport photo (please attach this to the first page of the application form.
- Application form (available at bundestag.de/ips_afrikanisch)
- Evidence of very good knowledge of German.
- Personal statement of reasons for applying (maximum of two pages)
- Copy of passport or ID card.
- Certified copy of university degree certificate.
- Letter of recommendation in German or English (from a university professor or employer, assessing the applicant’s qualification for the program).
Application Deadline: 15 July, 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.