DAAD/AGI Research Fellowship Program 2024
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants from all nationalities for the DAAD/AGI Research Fellowship Program 2024/2025 session. This program is eligible to First degree candidates.
This Research Fellowship is an opportunity granted to qualified First degree students from across the globe. This program is sponsored by DAAD/AGI and located in USA. The DAAD/AGI Research Fellowship offers the unique opportunity to connect both with the policy community in Washington, DC, and with other inspiring researchers and personalities at the institute. This program is aimed at bringing scholars to study in a German institution. This program provides full funding for successful scholars awarded the research fellowship.
DAAD is a private, federally funded and state-funded, self-governing national agency of the institutions of higher education in Germany, representing 365 German higher education institutions (100 universities and technical universities, 162 general universities of applied sciences, and 52 colleges of music and art). The DAAD itself does not offer programs of study or courses, but awards competitive, merit-based grants for use toward study and/or research in Germany at any of the accredited German institutions of higher education. It also awards grants to German students, doctoral students, and scholars for studies and research abroad. With an annual budget of 522 million Euros and supporting approximately 140.000 individuals world-wide, the DAAD is in fact the largest such academic grant organization worldwide. The organization was founded on 1 January 1925 but closed down in 1945, only to be re-founded again in 1950.
Fellowship Sponsors: DAAD/AGI
Program Type: Research Fellowship
Program Location: USA
Program Duration: Not specified
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: First degree
Nationality: All Nationalities
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for DAAD/AGI Research Fellowship Program 2024:
- Applicants must be German; or must be non-German and working permanently in Germany or currently at one of the DAAD Centers for German and European Studies outside of the United States.
- Applicants should be of junior or senior status. Junior applicants must have completed or currently be working on a PhD.
- All application materials MUST be submitted in English and received by AGI by the deadline in order to be considered for fellowships in the specified period.
- Individuals who have received a grant or other support from the DAAD within three years of the starting date of the fellowship are not eligible to apply.
Application Procedure for the 2024/2025 DAAD/AGI Research Fellowship Program (how to apply):
Interested applicants for the DAAD/AGI Research Fellowship are to submit the following materials (in English) electronically, combined in one PDF file:
- A brief cover letter; please indicate your citizenship/eligibility in the cover letter and how you have heard about the fellowship;
- A curriculum vitae, with a list of publications (if relevant);
- A project proposal (5-7 pages, double-spaced) outlining in clear, concise terms the substantive thrust of the research and its relevance to the AGI mission.
- Two recent letters of reference (only for PhD students and recent PhD, i.e., those received in the last five years).
- Successful applicants must be proficient in the English language.
Application Deadline: 19 November 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.