Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS) 2024
The University of Amsterdam is currently inviting international students outside the EU/EEA countries to apply for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS) for the 2024/2025 academic session. This program is open to Undergraduate and Postgraduate candidates.
This scholarship is an opportunity that offers € 26,250 to qualified international undergraduate and postgraduates candidates outside the EU/EEA countries. This program is sponsored by University of Amsterdam (UvA) and hosted by University of Amsterdam, Netherlands. The scholarships are awarded based on academic excellence. Hence, students who are awarded an AMS are expected to complete their first year of study with good results (at least 40 ECTS) in order to receive the scholarship for the second year as well.
The University of Amsterdam (UvA) is a public research university located in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Established in 1632 by municipal authorities it is the fourth-oldest academic institution in the Netherlands still in operation and is counted as a top-100 university in various world rankings. The UvA is one of two large, publicly funded research universities in the city, the other being the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU). It is also part of the largest research universities in Europe with 31,186 students, 4,794 staff, 1,340 PhD students and an annual budget of €600 million. It is the largest university in the Netherlands by enrollment. The main campus is located in central Amsterdam, with a few faculties located in adjacent boroughs. The university is organized into seven faculties: Humanities, Social and Behavioral Sciences, Economics and Business, Science, Law, Medicine, Dentistry. The University of Amsterdam has produced six Nobel Laureates and five prime ministers of the Netherlands. The university has been placed in the top 100 universities in the world by five prominent ranking tables. By the QS World University Rankings it was ranked 55th in the world, 14th in Europe, and 1st in the Netherlands in 2022.
SEE ALSO: Nelson Mandela Masters Scholarships 2024
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Amsterdam (UvA)
Scholarship Type: € 26,250
Host Institution(s): University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
Scholarship Worth: Not Stated
Number of Awards: Not Stated
Nationality: International students (non-EU/EEA)
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS) 2024:
Candidates wishing to apply for an AMS program should:
- not have the nationality of one of the countries of the EU/EEA or Suisse
- not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (for more information please refer to duo.nl).
- not be eligible to pay the reduced tuition fee rate for EEA students at the UvA
- not receive a full coverage scholarship for the same period of study as the AMS
- have submitted a complete application to one of the MSc programs (see the website of your MSc program for the application and admission procedure)
- have been (or will be) admitted for the first time to one of the MSc programs at the UvA
- be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa (if applicable)
- have completed their previous academic program no longer than 3 years ago
Application Procedures for the 2024/2025 Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS) (how to apply):
Interested and eligible international students willing to apply for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS) are to follow the procedures;
- Application for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship is part of the application procedure for the Master’s program of your choice. On your application form we ask whether you want to be considered for a UvA scholarship. Please check this box if you want to be considered and if you fulfill all requirements mentioned above.
- Furthermore, you should include a paragraph in your motivation letter in which you explain why you wish to be nominated for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship and what it would mean for your future academic career.
- After applying, the coordinators of the MSc Programs decide which students qualify to apply for the scholarship. All students will be informed as soon as possible
Application Deadline: 15 January 2024
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.