African Development Bank Internship Program 2024
Applications for the 2024/2025 session of the African Development Bank Internship Program are presently being accepted from qualified individuals from across the globe who seek to get professional and hands-on experience there. Candidates for the masters may enroll in this program.
This Internship Program is an opportunity offered to qualified master candidates from across the globe. This program is organized by African Development Bank and is located at Bank’s Regional and Country Offices. Selected candidates will be deployed in various Departments at Headquarters (Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire), Bank’s Regional and Country Offices. However, selected interns will perform their internship either remotely or on-site depending on the needs of their respective hiring units. The Bank will run two (2) internship sessions during the year 2024.
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) or Banque Africaine de Développement (BAD) is a multilateral development finance institution headquartered in Abidjan, Ivory Coast, since September 2014. The AfDB is a financial provider to African governments and private companies investing in the regional member countries (RMC). The AfDB was founded in 1964 by the Organization of African Unity, which is the predecessor of the African Union. The AfDB comprises three entities: The African Development Bank, the African Development Fund and the Nigeria Trust Fund.
SEE ALSO: Australia Awards Fellowships 2024
Company/Organisation(s): African Development Bank
Program Type: Internship Program
Program Location: Bank’s Regional and Country Offices
Program Duration: 3 months
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Currently in master’s level degree program
Nationality: All Nationalities
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for African Development Bank Internship Program 2024:
- Applicants must have attained the age of majority in their country of nationality or origin and be not more than Thirty (30) years old at the time of commencement of the internship program.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a master’s level degree program in a recognized public or private educational institution of higher learning.
- Candidates can apply for an internship within one (1) year of having obtained such a degree.
- Be nationals of the member Countries of the African Development Bank.
- Provide a letter from their school confirming their enrollment or a copy of the above-mentioned Degree. Applicants must be fluent in at least one of the Banks’s two working languages (English or French).
- Be able to use the Bank’s standard software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access); knowledge of SAP is desirable.
The Fields of Study Required for the Internship:
- The fields of study from which interns are selected must be within the job families of the Bank, particularly Economics, Agriculture, Private Sector Development, Human Capital Development (Education and Health), Environment, Finance, Infrastructure Development, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Communications, Law, Internal Audit, Budget, Governance or any other field of study that the Bank may deem relevant to its operations.
- Special consideration shall be given to students who are working on projects that have a direct bearing on the mission of the Bank.
Application Procedures for the 2024/2025 African Development Bank Internship Program (how to apply):
Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online complete application and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG.
Application Deadline: December 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.