Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship 2023 at University of Essex
The University of Essex is delighted to welcome applications from suitable African students for the Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship 2023/2024 academic session. This program is open to Master candidates who wish to further their degree in the United Kingdom.
The study program is open to Master students who have financial difficulties in achieving a degree program in the country. The scholarship scheme is a fully funded opportunity that offers a scholarship worth $4,000 for general expenses. This program is hosted and sponsored by University of Essex, UK.
The University of Essex is a public research university in Essex, England. Established by royal charter in 1965, it is one of the original plate glass universities. The university shield consists of the ancient arms attributed to the Kingdom of Essex, and the motto, “Thought the harder, heart the keener”, is adapted from the Anglo-Saxon poem The Battle of Maldon. It comprises three campuses in the county, in Southend-on-Sea and Loughton with its primary campus in Wivenhoe Park. Essex is rated Gold for Teaching Excellence by the TEF since 2017, named University of the Year at the Times Higher Education Awards in 2018, and is ranked an internationally excellent research-intensive university by the REF.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Essex, UK.
Scholarship Type: Full Masters Scholarships
Host Institution(s): University of Essex, UK.
Number of Awards: Several
Study level: Masters Degree Studies
Scholarship Worth: $4,000.
Nationality: African Students
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship 2023:
- These scholarships are restricted to students who are overseas fee payers and are entirely self funded*.
- Students must be ordinarily resident (see below for the definition of ordinary residence) in a member state of the African Union.
- These scholarships may be awarded to applicants who have completed relevant school or university studies in one of the specified countries above.
- Applicants must have been awarded an undergraduate degree (this includes integrated Masters degrees) with the grade specified or above. A higher Masters grade cannot be taken to compensate for a lower Bachelors grade;
- Eligible courses are those which are full-time taught Masters courses leading to MA, MSc, MRES and LLM degree and start in October 2023 and January 2024.
- Applicants who have firmly accepted an offer of a place by 14 July 2023 (for October 2023 start) or 13 October 2023 (for January 2024 start) and met the academic conditions of entry, will be considered for these scholarships.
- Only one scholarship award can be made per student and the award cannot be held in conjunction with any other University of Essex scholarships.
- This scholarship is available for the first year of Masters study at Essex only;
- Successful applicants should be available for promotional activities.
*Students receiving a repayable loan to fund their studies will be considered as self-funded.
Country Specific Requirements:
- Ghana: 2:1, or CGPA 3.0/4.0 or above
- Nigeria: CGPA 3/5 or above
- Other member states of the African Union: 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria)
Application Procedure for the 2023/2024 Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship (how to apply):
It is required that you apply for admission to study at the University of Essex and if you meet the eligibility stated above, you will be automatically considered for the scholarship. You don’t need to complete an application form.
Your eligibility will be assessed based on the academic transcripts and certificates that you submit with your application for your place at Essex.
Application Deadline: September (Annually)
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.