WIPO Global Health Innovation Fellowship for Researchers and Entrepreneur 2023
For the 2023/2024 session of the WIPO Global Health Innovation Fellowship for Researchers and Entrepreneur, applications are being accepted from qualified international applicants who meet the necessary qualifications. All study level candidates are eligible for this program.
This fellowship is sponsored by World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and is open to qualified international students of all study levels. The WIPO Global Health Innovation Fellowship offers a unique and exciting opportunity for young researchers and entrepreneurs to work with the Department of Biotechnology (Ministry of Science and Technology) as part of its Biodesign Program in India. As a fellow, you will have residency at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) campuses in New Delhi or Mumbai for two years.
The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) is one of the 15 specialized agencies of the United Nations (UN). [notes 1] Pursuant to the 1967 Convention Establishing the World Intellectual Property Organization, WIPO was created to promote and protect intellectual property (IP) across the world by cooperating with countries as well as international organizations. It began operations on 26 April 1970 when the convention entered into force. The current Director General is Singaporean Daren Tang, former head of the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore, who began his term on 1 October 2020. WIPO currently has 193 member states, including 190 UN member states and the Cook Islands, Holy See and Niue; Palestine has permanent observer status. The only non-members, among the countries recognized by the UN are the Federated States of Micronesia, Palau and South Sudan.
SEE ALSO: Anzisha Prize Fellowship Programme 2024
Exciting fellowship opportunity: This two-year fellowship experience combines technology, public health, and intellectual property with the goal of training innovators to develop innovative medical technologies, creating a meaningful impact on global health.
International experience: Join a diverse network of global young innovators and experts to solve emerging health challenges, while being based in India for two years.
Prestigious collaboration: Build meaningful networks at the Indian Department of Biotechnology, IIT Delhi and Bombay campuses, and WIPO.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
Host Institution(s): Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: All study levels
Duration: 2 years
Nationality: International Students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for WIPO Global Health Innovation Fellowship for Researchers and Entrepreneur 2023:
- Candidates must meet the admission criteria of the Biodesign Program of the Department of Biotechnology. All conditions concerning the participation of WIPO-supported Global Health Innovation Fellows shall remain within the authority of Department of Biotechnology in accordance with its applicable rules and policies.
- Open to all international candidates (except Indian citizens).
- Applicants from diverse educational backgrounds, including the engineering, science, computer science, product design, business, law, medical or nursing fields, are welcome to apply.
- Experience in addressing global health challenges, in particular maternal and child health, non-communicable diseases (NCDs) and FemTech is required.
- Two-three years’ work experience in the health technology industry or in related research positions.
- Preference will be given to those who have a track record in innovation (patents, licensed technologies/products).
- Interest in the relevance of intellectual property rights (patents, design rights, trademarks and copyright) along the entire value chain for health technology from early research to distribution of a product or service to the end user.
- Strong leadership, problem solving, creativity, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
The fellowship covers study visa processing fees; fellowship fees; IIT overhead fees; study material costs; accommodation costs (for accommodation provided or recommended by the Department of Biotechnology); living expenses; health insurance; local transportation within India; and international travel (return ticket from home country to IIT Delhi or IIT Bombay).
SEE ALSO: YALI Mandela Washington Fellowship 2024
Application Procedure for the 2023/2024 WIPO Global Health Innovation Fellowship for Researchers and Entrepreneur (how to apply):
Interested applicants should Send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following documents:
- Your current CV (no more than 3 pages): Showcase your leadership, problem-solving, creativity, teamwork, and communication skills. Highlight your professional activities and accomplishments in the health industry, intellectual property filings, and projects with significant business impact, if applicable.
- One-page cover letter: Outline your plans to address specific health challenges, focusing on maternal, neonatal, and child health/survival, prevention, early diagnosis, and community-level treatment of non-communicable diseases (NCDs). Highlight any technology solutions for women’s health (FemTech). Demonstrate how your experience aligns with the BioDesign
- Your academic transcript(s): Provide an overview of your education and certifications to demonstrate your academic background.
The deadline for submissions is September 1, 2023. Kindly note that if your application is incomplete for any reason after 11:59 pm on the due date, it will not be considered, so please give yourself plenty of time to apply and follow these instructions carefully.
The expected start date of fellowship is November 13, 2023.
Application Deadline: September 1, 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Webpage.