TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship for Young Scientists 2023
TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship for Young Scientists is delighted to welcome qualified candidates who wish to continue their Masters program for the 2023/2024 academic session.
The Postgraduate Fellowship award will make available monthly stipend to cover living costs and food and free on-campus accommodation. Young foreign scientists are encouraged to grasp the opportunity to be trained in a world-class facility with all the fellowship benefits attached. This fellowship is sponsored by The World Academy of Science (TWAS) and SN Bose National Center for Basic Science and located in Kolkata, India. This scholarship is eligible to master candidates.
The World Academy of Sciences is a merit-based science academy established for developing countries, uniting 1,000 scientists in some 70 countries. Its principal aim is to promote scientific capacity and excellence for sustainable development in developing countries. It was formerly known as the Third World Academy of Sciences. Its headquarters is located on the premises of the Abdus Salam International Center for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) in Trieste, Italy. It was founded in the year 1983.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): The World Academy of Science (TWAS) and SN Bose National Center for Basic Science
Fellowship Location: Kolkata, India
Fellowship level: Young Researchers
Fellowship Duration: Four years
Basic Qualification: Masters
Nationality: Developing countries.
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship 2023:
- Applicants must be nationals of a developing country and must not be older than 35 years on 31st December of the application year.
- Applicants must hold a masters degree in physics, mathematics or physical chemistry and must have completed at least a five years of undergraduate and postgraduate studies in a recognized university or institute.
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than India)
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India or any developed country
- Applicants must be accepted into a department of the S.N. Bose National Center to enroll for a PhD.D program.
- Applicants must show clear evidence of proficiency in English if medium of education was not English.
- Applicants must be willing to return to their home country on completion of the fellowship.
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship.
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship for Young Scientists (how to apply):
Interested applicants for the TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship 2023 are to first apply online for a place at the SN Bose National Center. Applicants are to submit an Acceptance Letter from a department of the S.N. Bose National Center when applying or by the deadline at the latest.
Application for the Postgraduate Fellowship Program can only be submitted through the online application portal.
Application Deadline: 31st May, 2023
For more information about this opportunity,Visit the Official Website.