Swedish Institute Scholarship for Global Professionals 2023/2024
The Swedish Government through the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs offers SI Scholarship for Global Professionals to interested applicants who wish to enroll for Masters program in the above prestigious institution for the 2023/2024 academic session.
The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals is open to masters students who have financial difficulties in achieving a degree program in their countries. The Scholarship scheme is a fully funded opportunity and is hosted by the Swedish Institute, Sweden. The program is sponsored by Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs and SI, Sweden and is open to all nationalities, and will be of interest to students that will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and to sustainable development.
The Swedish Institute is a government agency in Sweden with the responsibility to spread information about Sweden outside the country. It is known to be one of the best organisation in aiding international students by providing series of scholarship programs.
The scholarship is intended for full-time, one- or two-year master’s program, and is funded by the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs. The Swedish Institute open the call for applications once every year for master’s studies beginning in the autumn semester.
The applicants should have a clear idea of how their education will contribute to the sustainable development of their home countries and regions. In 2023 the Swedish Institute will grant about 250 scholarships for master’s degree studies in Sweden.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs and SI, Sweden
Host Institution(s): Swedish Institute, Sweden
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria Swedish Institute Scholarship for Global Professionals 2023:
- Applicants must be a citizen of one of our 41 eligible countries
- Applicants must have sufficient documented proof of work and leadership experience
- Applicants must also follow the application steps for University Admission and be admitted to one of the master’s programm on time.
- Full tuition fee coverage. The fee is paid directly by SI to your Swedish university in the beginning of each semester.
- A monthly payment of SEK 11,000 to cover your living expenses throughout the study period.
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- Travel Grant. This is a one-time payment and does not apply for students already living in Sweden.
- For scholars from Bangladesh, Bolivia; Brazil, Cambodia, Cameroon, Colombia, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Morocco, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam, Zambia or Zimbabwe – the scholarship includes a travel grant of SEK 15,000 for the entire study period.
- For scholars from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine, the scholarship includes a travel grant of SEK 11,000 for the entire study period.
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Professionals (NFGP) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build a network while in Sweden.
- After your scholarship period has ended, you become a member of the SI Alumni Network. As a member, you get a unique opportunity for continued networking and professional development.
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 Swedish Institute Scholarship for Global Professionals (how to apply):
Apply for up to four eligible master’s programm at universityadmissions.se. Once you have submitted your application for masters program(s) at universityadmissions.se, you will get a personal application number consisting of eight digits.
Save the number as you will need it when applying to the SI Scholarship for Global Professionals. Your application will be disqualified if you type in the wrong number in the online application form
A complete application consists of:
- CV (we only accept the SI-template)
- Letters of reference (we only accept the SI-template)
- Valid and completed proof of work and leadership experience (we only accept the SI-template)
- Copy of your valid passport/National ID card
- Motivation (will be asked of you in the application portal)
Application Deadline: February 28, 2023
For more information on this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.