Scholarships for Canadian and International students 2023 at Simon Fraser University
Simon Fraser University is now open for applications from eligible and exceptional domestic and international candidates who wish to enroll in Undergraduate degree program in the University for the 2023/2024 academic year.
This scholarship is a tuition fee award given to qualified domestic and international Undergraduate students. This program is hosted and sponsored by Simon Fraser University, Canada. Scholarships recognize outstanding academic achievement. Scholarships are available to Canadian and International students. If you are awarded a scholarship, Financial Aid and Awards will notify you in writing.
Simon Fraser University is a public research university in British Columbia, Canada, with three campuses, all in Greater Vancouver: Burnaby, Surrey, and Vancouver. The 170-hectare (420-acre) main Burnaby campus on Burnaby Mountain, located 20 kilometers (12 mi) from downtown Vancouver, was established in 1965 and comprises more than 30,000 students and 160,000 alumni. The university was created in an effort to expand higher education across Canada. SFU is a member of multiple national and international higher education associations, including the Association of Commonwealth Universities, International Association of Universities, and Universities Canada. SFU has also partnered with other universities and agencies to operate joint research facilities such as the TRIUMF, Canada’s national laboratory for particle and nuclear physics, which houses the world’s largest cyclotron, and Bamfield Marine Station, a major centre for teaching and research in marine biology. Undergraduate and graduate programs at SFU operate on a year-round, three-semester schedule. Consistently ranked as Canada’s top comprehensive university and named to the Times Higher Education list of 100 world universities under 50, SFU is also the first Canadian member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association, the world’s largest college sports association, as well as its only member outside of the United States.
SEE ALSO: MTN Foundation Scholarships 2023
Due to the high volume of applications received each term, payment of funds may not occur until the middle of the term of application. We encourage you to plan accordingly.
A student holding an SFU entrance scholarship is not eligible for any other University administered scholarship until the entrance scholarship is fully paid out. This policy applies to any term in which an entrance scholarship is deferred.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Simon Fraser University, Canada
Host Institution(s): Simon Fraser University, Canada
Scholarship Worth: Tuition fee
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduates
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for Scholarships for Canadian and International students 2023:
- Applicants must be Canadian or International students
- Applicants must have completed at least 12 units of standard graded courses at SFU.
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 12 units of standard graded courses at SFU in the term of application.
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.50 at SFU
- Challenge, audit and credit-free courses are not considered.
- Enrollment in a Co-op term (3 units) does not satisfy the enrollment requirement as it is not a standard graded course.
- A student with a disability is eligible to apply for scholarships if the student is enrolled in a minimum of 6 or more units of standard graded courses and meets all other eligibility requirements. At the time of application, the student has to provide a letter from SFU’s Center for Accessible Learning (CAL) confirming that the student is registered with the Center (CAL).
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 Scholarships for Canadian and International students (how to apply):
Interested applicants seeking for Scholarships for Canadian and International students at Simon Fraser University should please follow these steps:
- Check the application period and final deadline at Application Deadlines.
- Review the Summer 2023 Scholarship and Awards List to determine which scholarships/awards you want to apply for.
- Apply online by logging in to the Student Information System (go.sfu.ca).
- Click on “Student Center”.
- Go to Financial Aid and Awards (under Finances).
- Click on “Apply for Scholarships/Awards”.
- List the scholarships/awards you want to apply for on your online application.
- Complete and submit your application.
- Supporting documentation (if any) are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline.
- Set up Direct Deposit (administered through the Student Accounts Office) as soon as possible, to receive any refunds you may be eligible to receive.
Application Deadline: August 28 – September 15, 2023
For information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.