Government of Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) 2023
Applications are hereby invited from eligible international candidates for the Government of Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) for the 2023/2024 academic session. This program is open to Postgraduates candidates.
This scholarship is a fully funding opportunity for qualified international Postgraduate students. Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract brilliant minds from around the world to pursue postgraduate studies in Malaysia. This scholarship is parallel with Malaysia’s aspiration to emerge as one of the global centers of academic excellence by attracting, motivating and retaining talented human capital from abroad. This program is sponsored by Malaysian Government and hosted by Higher Institutions in Malaysia.
SEE ALSO: University of Nottingham China International UG scholarship 2023
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Malaysian Government
Host Institution(s): Higher Institutions in Malaysia
Scholarship Worth: Full Funding (Amount Stated)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for Government of Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) 2023:
Applicants for the Government of Malaysia International Scholarship should be graduates from the recipient countries (see guidelines) of MIS 2023 who:
- intend to pursue full-time postgraduate studies (Masters/PhD) in Malaysia; or
- are currently pursuing full-time postgraduate studies in Malaysian public universities and selected private higher educational institutions.
Additionally; the applicant must meet the following conditions
- Is not more than 40 and 45 years old at the time of application for Master and PhD levels respectively
- Possessing good academic qualifications: Masters applicants: obtaining CGPA 3.0 / 2nd Class Upper (Honours) or higher at Bachelor’s Degree level; PhD applicants: obtaining CGPA 3.0 / excellent results at Masters level in course related to the intended study program
- Mastering good proficiency of English Language: Obtaining band 6.0 or higher in IELTS; or Obtaining a total score of 550 or higher in TOEFL paper-based test (PBT); or Has obtained previous degree(s) with English used as the medium of instructions (evidence is a prerequisite).
- Submitting a written research proposal with minimum of 1,000 words that is relevant to the intended field of
- This scholarship is limited to tuition fees and monthly living allowance of RM 1,500.00 per month.
- Successful applicants are expected to independently arrange their travel to Malaysia (non-financial provisions). Travel expenses will not be provided by the Government of Malaysia.
- All applicants are highly advised to check the expected living expenses in Malaysia.
SEE ALSO: Minnesota State University Moorhead International Scholarships 2023
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 Government of Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) (how to apply):
Application for MIS can be accessed on program’s online application system. Applicants will have to provide all the necessary information and have the compulsory documents listed below scanned and saved in PDF format and later uploaded to the online application system
- Application Form;
- A certified copy of Passport as evidence of nationality;
- A certified copy of Academic Transcript(s) of previous degrees;
- A certified copy of English Proficiency test result (IELTS / TOEFL);Letter of Recommendation from two (2) referees;
- Endorsement Form;
- Admission letter from Malaysian university/higher education institute (if applicable);
- Curriculum Vitae; and
- Research Proposal
Application Deadline: 18 May, 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.