Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarships 2024
The 2024/2025 call for applications for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program for foreign students to study in Ireland is now open. The opportunity is open to all international postgraduate applicants.
This scholarship is a fully funded opportunity that offers Up to €28,000 per annum to qualified international postgraduate candidates. This program is sponsored by Government of Ireland and hosted by Higher Institutions in Ireland. The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program is an established national initiative, funded by the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science, and managed by the Council. It is a highly competitive scholarship program with an average success rate of 18% over the past five years.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of Ireland
Host Institution(s): Higher Institutions in Ireland
Scholarship Worth: Up to €28,000 per annum
Number of Awards: Not Stated (Several)
Study Level: Postgraduate (Master’s, Doctorate)
Nationality: International Students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship 2024:
- There is no age limit for applicants to be eligible for either program type.
- All applicants must be affiliated with an eligible Irish higher education institution or research-performing organization.
- Applications will only be accepted in either the Irish or English language
- Applicants must not have had two previous unsuccessful applications to the relevant program, including to strategic partner themes.
- All applicants will be required to complete and pass an eligibility quiz on the
- online application system prior to accessing an application form
- It is important you read the call for application for the full eligibility conditions
The scholarship fund will reach a maximum of €28,000 per annum consisting of
- a stipend of €19,000 per annum;
- a contribution to fees (up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum for non-EU fees);
- eligible direct research expenses of €3,250 per annum.
Application Procedures for the 2024/2025 Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarships (how to apply):
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to read the 2024 call documentation and complete the eligibility form to begin application. Indicative versions of the applicant and supervisor forms are provided for information purposes only. All participants must create and submit their forms via the online system.
Call open 31 August 2023
FAQ deadline 16:00 (Irish time) 05 October 2023
Applicant deadline 16:00 (Irish time) 12 October 2023
Supervisor /Mentor deadline 16:00 (Irish time) 19 October 2023
Research office endorsement deadline 16:00 (Irish time) 26 October 2023
Call outcome April 2024
Award start date 1 September 2024
Please note that the timings provided here are indicative and may be subject to change.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.