Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships 2024
The 2024/2025 Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships for Africans opens for applications. African students are invited to apply for a postgraduate scholarship position to study in the UK or South African.
This Full Scholarship is an opportunity given to qualified African postgraduate candidates. This program is sponsored by The Beit Trus and is to be taken at UK or South Africa. The Beit Trust is a collaboration between eight UK universities and three South African University to sponsor individuals with the passion to pursue a degree program. The partnership between the universities helps share cost thereby increasing the number of scholarships that can be funded by the Beit Trust.
SEE ALSO: Eiffel Scholarships 2024 Application
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Beit Trust
Scholarships to be taken at: UK or South Africa
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarship
Scholarship level: Postgraduate (Masters)
Scholarship Worth: See Benefits (below)
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarship 2024:
- By Act of Parliament, the Beit Trust supports ONLY students who are nationals of Zambia, Zimbabwe or Malawi, who hold permanent residence, live there and/or intend to return to their country after their studies.
- Applicants (except medical and veterinary doctors) must be under 30 years of age on 31 December 2023. Relevant experience of work after completion of a first degree is strongly recommended and will count towards the award of a scholarship.
- Doctors and Vets must be under 35 years of age on 31 December 2023. They should have completed 18 months of internship, and a one-year, preferably rural, posting in Zambia, Zimbabwe or Malawi.
- The Trust cannot consider applications from those who have already begun a course.
- The Trust will only consider applicants with First Class/Distinction or Upper Second Class degrees (or equivalent) at undergraduate level.
- Fees, tuition costs and related academic expenses.
- A personal allowance, index-linked in accordance from an independent authority, covering maintenance support.
- Other allowances are paid for arrival, a laptop and departure.
- Economy class tickets to the place of study and on final return.
Application Procedure for the 2024/2025 Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships (how to apply):
- Apply to any of the partner university in the UK and South Africa and be offered admission to study a postgraduate course.
- Notify the partner university that he/she will be approaching the Beit Trust for scholarship funding and should also indicate the work experience.
- Notify the Trust once application has been submitted to the partner university and also tell the trust which course is being applied for.
- Confirm their nationality to the Trust; Zambians are to send their application form for confirmation to email@example.com
- Applicants from Zimbabwe and Malawi are to send theirs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications, with all the supporting documents are to be uploaded online via the scholarship application link before the application deadline.
- A signed Medical Certificate Form from your doctor. This will need to be completed before you begin the application process below. Please download the form here: Medical Certificate Form
- A copy of your offer letter from a UK Partner University/s; or a PDF document detailing the university/s and course/s you will apply to at South African Partner University/s.
- Degree results.
- Curriculum Vitae
- A personal statement(no longer than 500 words) to explain in your own words how you think a postgraduate degree will benefit your country and its development.
- A clear recent photograph of yourself: not a passport photo, but something that shows you to your best advantage.
- A clear copy of your valid passport, showing date of issue and expiry.
Application Deadline: To be Updated
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the official website.