Fulbright Graduate Award 2023 at University of Helsinki
The University of Helsinki is excited to announce the ongoing Fulbright Graduate Award and to extend an invitation to intelligent local and international students who aspire to continue their education in Finland for the 2023/2024 academic year. Masters candidates are eligible for this program.
This scholarship is open to qualified Master students. This scholarship scheme is a fully funded opportunity for both domestic and international candidates. This program is sponsored by Fulbright-University of Helsinki and hosted by University of Helsinki, Finland. The university provides a number of English-taught international master’s degree programs. The University of Helsinki and other universities in Finland or abroad collaborate to offer some of the programs. These two-year programs place their students in a truly global learning environment with a mix of students from Finland and other countries.
The University of Helsinki is a public research university located in Helsinki, Finland, since 1829, but founded in the city of Turku (in Swedish Åbo) in 1640 as the Royal Academy of Åbo, at that time part of the Swedish Empire. It is the oldest and largest university in Finland with the widest range of disciplines available. In 2020, around 31,600 students were enrolled in the degree programs of the university spread across 11 faculties and 11 research institutes. As of 1 August 2005, the university complies with the harmonized structure of the Europe-wide Bologna Process and offers bachelor, Masters, licenciate, and doctoral degrees. Admission to degree programs is usually determined by entrance examinations, in the case of bachelor’s degrees, and by prior degree results, in the case of master and postgraduate degrees.
The University of Helsinki is the leading research university in Finland and consistently ranks among the top 20 universities in Europe. The University offers a multi-disciplinary and international study environment and the services and infrastructure, including libraries, laboratories and computer environments, are world-class.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Fulbright-University of Helsinki
Host Institution(s): University of Helsinki, Finland
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for Fulbright Graduate Award 2023:
- The Fulbright Graduate Award at University of Helsinki includes a monthly grant of EUR 1 000 (paid for nine months)
- The grantee will also be provided with a travel award (USD 1600),
- Residence permit allowance (based on the actual permit fees, incl. grantee and accompanying family members, funded by the Foundation) and
- A supplemental accident and sickness benefit (ASPE).
- Based on the agreement with the Fulbright Finland Foundation, University of Helsinki provides a full tuition scholarship (EUR 13 000 – 18 000 depending on the program) for the recipients of the Fulbright Graduate Award at University of Helsinki. The scholarship is granted also for the second year of Master’s studies provided that the grantee has been successful in their studies during the first year.
- In addition, the grantee will be eligible, free of charge, to participate in a Fulbright Finland Foundation pre-approved summer school in Finland consisting of courses in Finnish language, culture and society, pending availability of suitable programs.
- Opportunity to apply for additional funding from the Lois Roth Foundation. (This funding is applied for after arrival to Finland.)
- Alumni network and activities provided for the grantees of the Fulbright Finland Foundation programs.
- The University of Helsinki alumni network, Helsinki Alumni, invites all Fulbright grantees and scholars to the alumni network to benefit from the network activities already during their stay at the university. Signing up is cost-free. The activities for the UH USA Alumni and Friends network are open also for those, who still consider whether to apply to become the University of Helsinki Fulbright grantees.
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 Fulbright Graduate Award (how to apply):
The University of Helsinki‘s Fulbright Graduate Award features two application processes: one for admission and one for the Fulbright grant competition.
Read the detailed application information for Finland. The final selection is made by the Fulbright Finland Foundation in Helsinki.
Application Deadline: Not Specified
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.