French Institutes for Advanced Study Fellowship 2024
Applications are invited from suitably qualified domestic and international candidates for the French Institutes for Advanced Study Fellowship for the 2023/2024 session. This program is open to Masters and PhD candidates.
This Fully-funded fellowship is partially funded and a Living allowance of €2,700 per month, accommodation, etc is awarded to qualified domestic and international Master and PhD students. This program is hosted and sponsored by French Institutes for Advanced Study, France. The Fellows will benefit from the support and conducive scientific environment offered by the IAS characterized by an interdisciplinary cohort of fellows and a close relation to the local research potential. The fellows will be free to organize their work and conduct research as they wish.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): French Institutes for Advanced Study, France
Fellowship Type: Fully-funded
Host Institution(s): French Institutes for Advanced Study, France
Fellowship Worth: Living allowance of €2,700 per month, accommodation, etc.
Number of Awards: 40
Nationality: Domestic & International Student
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for French Institutes for Advanced Study Fellowship 2024:
- Applicants will have to be in possession of a doctoral degree plus 2 years of full-time research experience after the degree. Exception will be made for scholars with a Master + 6 years of full-time research experience after the degree (PhD training will not be considered in the calculation of experience.
- Applicants must fulfill the transnational MSCA mobility rule: incoming researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in France for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline.
- The Program is open to all Social Sciences and the Humanities
- Applicants must provide full application forms and all requested documents through the online application platform. Incomplete and late applications are not considered eligible. Applications not complying with the maximum length criteria will not be considered. Applications in languages other than English (also partially) will not be considered.
The Fellows will benefit from the following support and conducive scientific environment offered by the IAS:
- A net living allowance (equivalent to take-home pay) of €2,700 per month
- Two flexible contractual options, considering individual situations: work contracts or paid leave
- Adequate social security coverage
- Accommodation or support for relocation
- An individual research and training budget equivalent to €2,500 per year
- Travel expenses (one round trip from the fellow home country)
- Same working conditions as the IAS’ other fellows, including individual offices, special access and lending privileges in university-based research libraries, IT services, multiple collective spaces
- Skills training opportunities
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 French Institutes for Advanced Study Fellowship (how to apply):
The application is to be completed exclusively via the FIAS website. Interested applicants must create a user account via the arrow in the high right corner of the fias webpage.
The requested application material (in English exclusively) will consist of:
- The completed online application form
- A detailed curriculum vitae with a comprehensive list of publications
- A copy of the diploma
- A detailed research proposal (maximum 5 pages and a bibliography – 1 additional page)
- A selection of three to five publications (articles or book chapters)
- A letter of support/interest by an IAS’s local scientific partner -only requested and mandatory for Le Studium (Loire Valley IAS), for the Collegium de Lyon, for MAK’IT (Montpellier IAS), and for the Paris IAS.
- Optional: Up to two letters of recommendation
Application Deadline: June 6, 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.