Financial Aid and Scholarships for Refugees Students 2023 at Luiss University
Luiss University is currently receiving applications from interested and eligible African students for Financial Aid and Scholarships for Refugees Students, commencement in 2023/2024 academic session. This program is open to those pursing their Masters program in Italy.
This scholarship program is a fully funded opportunity for qualified Masters candidates. This scholarship is sponsored and hosted by Luiss University, Italy. The program envisages the award of a full-ride scholarship to one admitted student, covering tuition fees and the total cost of bed and board in Rome during the 2 academic years.
Libera Università Internazionale degli Studi Sociali “Guido Carli”, known by the acronym “LUISS” or “LUISS Guido Carli”, is a private university located in Rome, Italy, founded in 1974 by a group of entrepreneurs led by Umberto Agnelli, brother of Gianni Agnelli. It provides undergraduate and post-graduate education, in addition to a range of Double Degree programs, in the fields of finance, business, management, law and political science. It is located near the historical center of the city, between the neighborhoods of Parioli and Trieste. The university is supported by Confindustria, the Italian confederation of industries. Luiss has four different campuses: one in Viale Romania, one in Via Parenzo, one in Villa Blanc and the last one in Viale Pola. It also has a library in Via Santa Costanza.
The scholarships will be confirmed for the following academic year on condition that the student, by 31 July of every year, has earned at least 70% of the education credits required under his/her first-year study plan.
Should the selected student not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, he/she will be responsible for the payment of the remaining tuition fee payments for the second a.y. 2024/2025 and for living expenses.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Luiss University, Italy
Host Institution(s): Luiss University, Italy
Scholarship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: One
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: African Students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for Financial Aid and Scholarships for Refugees Students 2023:
- The scholarship is open to refugee students who:
- Are residing in Kenya, Niger, Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda, Zambia or Zimbabwe and have been recognized refugee status in these countries by UNHCR or by National authorities
- Are graduated (Bachelor Degree) in Kenya, Niger, Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda, Zambia or Zimbabwe or in another country not earlier than July 2021.
- Are going to graduate (Bachelor Degree) by 24 November 2023 in Kenya, Niger, Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda, Zambia or Zimbabwe or in another country
- Have a knowledge of the English language of at least B2, certified by the University or another language institute (ex. EF set/Duolingo)
- Hold a qualification valid for admission to the chosen Second Cycle Degree Program;
- Meet the specific admission requirements of the Second cycle degree program;
- Have never before been enrolled in a degree program at any of the Partner Universities.
Successful applicants for Luiss University Financial Aid and Scholarships for Refugees Students will receive the following benefits:
- Full-ride scholarship covering:
- Tuition fees and
- The total cost of bed and board in Rome during the 2 academic years
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 Financial Aid and Scholarships for Refugees Students (how to apply):
To finalize the applications for Financial Aid and Scholarships for Refugees Students at Luiss University, candidates must fill out the application form online. In order to fill in the application form, the candidate will be required to register to the platform first, and then go back to the application form.
When filling in the application form, applicants will have to indicate their personal information, their University information and upload all the required documents including the UNHCR certificate which will have to be uploaded in the ID section. After filling in their background information, applicants will be required to select the Degree Course they wish to compete for.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.