CERN Short Term Internship in Geneva 2023
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates from across the globe for CERN Short Term Internship in Geneva 2023/2024 session. This program is eligible for Undergraduates candidates.
This internship program is organized by CERN and is located in Geneva. The internship offers the intern the opportunity to be tutored and trained by experts who enjoy sharing their knowledge with committed and passionate students. This program is eligible to Undergraduate students only.
The European Organization for Nuclear Research, known as CERN, is an intergovernmental organization that operates the largest particle physics laboratory in the world. Established in 1954, it is based in a northwestern suburb of Geneva, on the France–Switzerland border. It comprises 23 member states. Israel, admitted in 2013, is the only non-European full member. CERN is an official United Nations General Assembly observer. The acronym CERN is also used to refer to the laboratory; in 2019, it had 2,660 scientific, technical, and administrative staff members, and hosted about 12,400 users from institutions in more than 70 countries. In 2016, CERN generated 49 petabytes of data. CERN’s main function is to provide the particle accelerators and other infrastructure needed for high-energy physics research — consequently, numerous experiments have been constructed at CERN through international collaborations.
SEE ALSO: Vodacom Early Careers Programmes 2024
Program Type: Internship
Program Location: Geneva
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Undergraduates
Nationality: All Nationalities
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for CERN Short Term Internship in Geneva 2023:
- Must be a full-time student (Technical/Administrative diploma, Bachelor or Master degree)
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Your main field of study is in one of the following areas: applied physics, computing, mathematics, electricity, electronics, mechanical or civil engineering, instrumentation, material science, radiation protection, safety and environmental protection, surveying, ultra-high vacuum, scientific communication. Or in administrative fields such as; translation, advanced secretarial work, accounting, legal services, human resources, librarianship, logistics.
- You will remain a full-time registered student throughout the internship at CERN.
- You have a good working proficiency in English and/ or French.
SEE ALSO: Africa Science Leadership Programme for Young African Scientists 2023
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 CERN Short Term Internship in Geneva (how to apply):
Interested candidates must submit an online application through the application portal for the CERN Short Term Internship 2023. Candidates must submit their CV in PDF format in either English or French.
Please note that during the application process you will need to select your availability period for the internship.
Application Deadline: Not specified
For more information about this opportunity. Visit the Official Website.