Australia Government Research Training Program (RTP) 2023
The Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) is open to domestic and overseas Masters and Doctorate students studying or wishing to study in Australia. Interested candidates are hereby invited to apply for the 2023/2024 opportunities.
This scholarship is a partially funded opportunity that provides an offer of 29,863 (2023 rate) to qualifed domestic and international Masters and Doctorate candidates. This program is sponsored by Australia Government and hosted by Higher Institutions in Australia. Successful students get block funds from higher education providers (HEPs) on a calendar-year basis to assist their pursuit of research master‘s and doctoral degrees, often known as higher degrees by research (HDRs).
The RTP is a single flexible pool of funding to support both domestic and overseas students undertaking Research Doctorate and Research Masters degrees.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Australia Government
Host Institution(s): Higher Institutions in Australia
Scholarship Worth: 29,863 (2023 rate)
Number of Awards: Several
Study level: Masters and Doctorate
Nationality: Domestic and Overseas students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for Australia Government Research Training Program (RTP) 2023:
- To be eligible for a RTP Stipend, RTP Fees Offset or RTP Allowance a student must be a domestic student or an overseas student enrolled in an accredited HDR course of study at an Australian HEP.
- To be eligible for a RTP Stipend a student must not be receiving income from another source to support that student’s general living costs while undertaking their course of study if that income is greater than 75 per cent of that student’s RTP Stipend Income unrelated to the student’s course of study or income received for the student’s course of study but not for the purposes of supporting general living costs is not to be taken into account.
- To be eligible for a RTP Fees Offset a student must not be receiving an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth designed to offset HDR
- An RTP Fees Offset pays for the tuition fees of a higher degree by research (HDR) student that would otherwise have been paid by the student. This requires that a university to fully offset tuition fee applicable for a student. This is not a stipend.
- An RTP Stipend to assist students with their living costs while undertaking a higher degree by research.
- RTP Allowances to assist students with ancillary costs of a higher degree by research (HDR). This includes relocation costs to undertake a HDR, HDR thesis printing and academic publication costs and health cover costs for recipients and their dependents.
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 Australia Government Research Training Program (RTP) (how to apply):
The selection and application procedures for RTP Scholarships are handled by HEPs. To learn more about the application process, prospective applicants must speak with the postgraduate research office of their selected HEP directly. List of HEPs that qualify can be found [Here]
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.