American College of Surgeons Medical Scholarships 2024
The American College of Surgeons Medical Scholarships are accepting applications from suitably qualified candidates for the 2024/2025 academic year. These scholarships offer international students the chance to take part in a range of educational programs and gain new knowledge and skills in surgical education and training. Postgraduate candidates are eligible to apply to this program.
This Partial Funding scholarship is an opportunity that offers $10,000 to qualified international postgraduate candidates. This program is sponsored and hosted by American College of Surgeons. The awards provide funding for young faculty from countries other than the United States and Canada. The knowledge gained during this training will be useful in improving surgical education at the scholar’s home country.
The American College of Surgeons (ACS) is a professional medical association for surgeons and surgical team members, founded in 1913. It claims more than 88,000 members in 144 countries. The ACS was founded in 1913 as an outgrowth of the Clinical Congress of Surgeons of North America that had existed since 1910 as an outgrowth of the journal Surgery, Gynecology and Obstetrics, an initiative of ACS Founder Dr. Franklin H. Martin.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): American College of Surgeons
Scholarship Type: Partial Funding
Host Institution(s): American College of Surgeons
Scholarship Worth: $10,000
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Candidates
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for American College of Surgeons Medical Scholarships 2024:
- Applicants must be graduates of schools of medicine who have completed their surgical training.
- Applicants must be a fully trained surgeon with a minimum of five years of experience after completion of certification as a surgeon, or equivalent, and no more than 20 years of experience.
- Applicants must submit their applications from their intended permanent location. Applications will be accepted for processing only when the applicants have been in surgical practice, teaching, or research for a minimum of one year at their intended permanent location, following completion of all formal training (including fellowships and scholarships).
- Applicants must show evidence of commitment to high-quality surgery, surgical teaching, and improving access to surgical care in their community.
- Awardees of past ACS International Scholarships are not eligible.
- Applicants must submit all required fields. The application and accompanying materials must be submitted in English.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not already experienced training or surgical fellowships in the U.S. or Canada.
- Applicants must submit independently prepared letters of recommendation from three (3) of their colleagues. One letter must be from the chair of the department in which they hold a clinical or academic appointment or from a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons residing in their country.
- The ISSURGED award must be used in the year for which they are designated.
- Awardees are expected to provide a written report upon their return home, specifically focusing on the value of the visit to the awardee and the potential beneficial effect to patients in the country.
Application Procedures for the 2024/2025 American College of Surgeons Medical Scholarships (how to apply):
Interested applicants for the American College of Surgeons Medical Scholarships 2024 are to complete an online application and submit all the required supporting documents.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2024
For more information about this opportunity. Visit the Official Website.