Amelia Earhart Science & Engineering Doctoral Fellowship 2024
Applications are invited from suitably qualified students from across the globe for Amelia Earhart Science & Engineering Doctoral Fellowship 2023/2024 academic session. This program is open to PhD and Doctoral Study Level candidates.
This Full Scholarships/Research Grant is a partially funded scheme given to qualified PhD and Doctoral Study Level candidates. The award which is worth up to US$10,000 per beneficiary is given to excellence female students in selected fields of science and engineering and it is award yearly to about 35 PhD and Doctoral students already enrolled in a full-time program. This scholarship is sponsored by Zonta International Foundation and is to be taken at Any university or institution of higher learning worldwide.
Zonta International is an international service organization with the mission of Building a Better World for Women and Girls, in support of Sustainable Development Goal 5. The first Zonta Club was founded in Buffalo, New York, the United States, in 1919 by a group of businesswomen under the leadership of Marian de Forest. It was organized along the lines of the Rotary Club, with one woman from each business classification admitted to the local club and all members required to give 60% of their time to the “work under which they are classified”. Membership into Zonta International was a process, had strict membership regulations, and was considered a privilege. To become a member of Zonta International, one must have been a woman of high standing in her career field.
Established in 1938 to honor the famous pilot and a Zontian, the Amelia Earhart awards Fellowship grants of up to US$10,000 annually to about 35 women pursuing PhD/doctoral degrees in aerospace-applied sciences or aerospace-applied engineering. The fellowship may be taken up at any university or any institution of higher learning offering accredited post-graduate courses and higher degrees in the aerospace engineering and space sciences.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Zonta International Foundation.
Scholarship to be taken at: Any university or institution of higher learning worldwide.
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarships/Research Grant
Scholarship level: PhD/Doctoral Study Level
Slots: 35 slots available yearly
Scholarship Worth: Grant is worth up to USD $10,000
Nationality: All Nationalities
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for Amelia Earhart Science & Engineering Doctoral Fellowship 2024:
- Applicants for the fellowship should be women enrolled in a full-time PhD/doctoral degree and with excellence academic record in the field of aerospace-applied sciences or aerospace-applied engineering are eligible.
- In addition to being a registered PhD/Doctoral Student, applicants should also have completed at least one year of that program or have received a master’s degree in an aerospace-applied field at the time the application is submitted.
- Applicant’s expected graduation date from the PhD/Doctoral program must not be earlier than April 2025.
Important Notes: The following sets of candidates are not eligible to apply for the Amelia Earhart Science & Engineering Doctoral Fellowship Grants;
- Applicants in post-doctoral research programs are not eligible for the Fellowship.
- Applicants who are members and employees of Zonta International or the Zonta International Foundation are also not eligible to apply for the Fellowship.
- Applicants who have been previously awarded the Amelia Earhart Fellowship are not eligible to apply or to renew the Fellowship for a second year.
Application procedures for the 2023/2024 Amelia Earhart Science & Engineering Doctoral Fellowship (how to apply):
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications online to the the Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellowship Committee through the application link provided.
The Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellowship Committee will review the applications and recommends suitable persons worthy of receiving the award to the Zonta International Board. All applicants are evaluated on the criteria stated in the requirements section of the application. All details of the evaluations are kept confidential; evaluations are not disclosed to applicant.
Application Deadline: 15 November, 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.