Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2024
This Fully-funded scholarship is an opportunity that covers full cost of study and related expenses to qualified international Masters and PhD students. This program is sponsored by Swiss Government and hosted by All Swiss Public Universities. The Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS), the organization that grants the scholarships, chooses the recipients. Young international researchers who have achieved a master’s or doctoral degree, as well as foreign artists who possess a bachelor’s degree, are the target audience for the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships.
SEE ALSO: VLIR-UOS ICP Scholarships 2023
The following types of scholarships will be awarded to either for foreign scholars and artists respectively;
- The research scholarship (research fellowship, PhD, Postdoc) is available to post-graduate researchers in any discipline (who hold a master’s degree as a minimum) who are planning to come to Switzerland to pursue research or further studies at doctoral or post-doctoral level.
Research scholarships are awarded for research or study at all Swiss cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences and the two federal institutes of technology, as well as the four research institutes. Only candidates nominated by an academic mentor at one of these higher education institutions will be considered.
- Art scholarships are open to art students wishing to pursue an initial master’s degree in Switzerland. Art scholarships are awarded for study at any Swiss conservatory or university of the arts. This scholarship is available to students from a limited number of countries only.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Swiss Government
Host Institution(s): All Swiss Public Universities
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded (covers full cost of study and related expenses)
Number of Awards: Several (Not Stated)
Nationality: International students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2024:
- The applicant must be an international student (a foreign scholar or artist)
- The applicant must be admitted into a Masters or PhD program.
- For Masters program, the applicant must hold (or are about to obtain) a undergraduate degree (or international equivalent) from a reputable institution;
- For PhD program, the applicant must hold a master’s-level qualification at merit or distinction (or international equivalent);
- The applicant must have a track record of engaging with research. This may include contributions to publications/articles, promoting their research to a wider audience, prizes for research or project work.
The Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS) assesses scholarship applications according to three criteria:
- Candidate profile
- Quality of the research project or artistic work
- Synergies and potential for future research cooperation
- The scholarship covers full funding for the course of study
- All university tuition fees at the international rate; health insurance, air fare, housing allowance etc.
SEE ALSO: Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship 2023
Application Procedures for the 2024/2025 Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships (how to apply):
All interested and qualified candidates for the Swiss Government Scholarships are expected to apply and receive an unconditional offer of admission to pursue a Masters or PhD program full-time at any Swiss public university before moving on to the scholarship application process. Please carry out the instructions listed [here].
Application Deadline: Varies
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.