South African Reserve Bank Graduate Development Programme 2024
Applications are invited from outstanding and talented South Africans Graduates for the South African Reserve Bank Graduate Development Programme 2024 session. This program is eligible for Graduate Students who wish to study in South Africans.
This Graduate Development Program is organized by The South African Reserve Bank (SARB) and is located in South African. The SARB serves the economic well-being of South Africans through maintaining price and financial stability. It is responsible for the regulation of the South African financial sector, design and distribution of banknotes and coin, management of interest rates, setting the cash reserve requirement for banks, and ensuring stability of both the banking sector and the wider financial system.
The South African Reserve Bank is the central bank of South Africa. It was established in 1921 after Parliament passed an act, the “Currency and Bank Act of 10 August 1920”, as a direct result of the abnormal monetary and financial conditions which World War I had brought. The SARB was only the fourth central bank established outside the United Kingdom and Europe, the others being the United States, Japan and Java. The earliest suggestions for the establishment of the Central Bank in South Africa date back to 1879. A select committee, of ten members of Parliament, was established on 31 March 1920 to examine the benefits to the national interest of the establishing of the central bank.
Graduates will be placed in the Business Solutions and Technology Department (BSTD) at the SARB from January to December 2024. During the programme, graduates will attend various learning interventions, including technical training, at the SARB Academy. The programme offers opportunities for a Data Science track, and graduates will work in a Data Lab environment from time to time, on various use cases.
Company/Organisation(s): The South African Reserve Bank (SARB)
Program Type: Graduate Development Program
Program Location: South Africa
Program Duration: 1 year
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Graduates
Nationality: South Africans
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for South African Reserve Bank Graduate Development Programme 2024:
- Applicants must have completed a postgraduate degree;
- Applicants must have attained an average of over 65% in their final year;
- Have a strong desire to work in financial services and/or policy making;
- Have a proven track record of academic excellence;
- Applicants must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Be a South African citizen
- Be a curious and keen learner.
- Economics, Econometrics, Research, Policy analysis, Modelling, Public finance, Accounting, Auditing, Statistics, Financial management, Information technology, Law, Portfolio or investment management, Mathematics, Quantitative analysis, Business analysis, Project management, Risk management (operational and financial risk), Treasury, Economics and international relations.
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 South African Reserve Bank Graduate Development Programme (how to apply):
All interested candidates for the Graduate Development Programme are invited note the following:
- Internal applicants MUST apply through the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- External applicants MUST apply online, via www.resbank.co.za.
Please include a copy of your academic transcripts and your identity document with your application.
All applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in assessments, interviews, and a security clearance as part of the selection process.
Application Deadline: 14 April 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.