NNPC / NAOC / OANDO JV Tertiary Scholarship 2023
The NIGERIAN AGIP OIL COMPANY LIMITED, Operator of the NNPC/NAOC/OOL Joint Venture is pleased to announce its Tertiary Scholarship Scheme for Nigerian students for the 2023/2024 academic year to assist them in their educational pursuits. This program is eligible to Undergraduate candidates.
This scholarship is awarded to qualified Nigerian Undergraduate students. This award is highly competitive for interested Nigerian candidates. this program is hosted and sponsored by NNPC/NAOC/OANDO Joint Venture, Nigeria.
NNPC Limited is a for profit oil company in Nigeria. Formerly a government-owned corporation, it was transformed from a corporation to a limited liability company in July 2022. NNPC Limited is the only entity licensed to operate in the country’s petroleum industry. It partners with foreign oil companies to exploit Nigeria’s fossil fuel resources. NNPC was established on 1 April 1977 as a merger of the Nigerian National Oil Corporation and the Federal Ministry of Petroleum and Energy Resources. NNPC by law manages the joint venture between the Nigerian federal government and a number of foreign multinational corporations, which include Royal Dutch Shell, Agip, ExxonMobil, TotalEnergies, Chevron, and Texaco (now merged with Chevron).
Oando Plc is a Nigerian multinational energy company operating in the upstream, midstream and downstream. In July 2016, Oando entered into a tri-partite agreement with the Vitol Group, an independent trader of energy commodities and Helios Investment Partner, an Africa-focused private investment firm to form OVH. Oando is Nigeria’s indigenous oil and gas company with a production output of 43,000 barrels (6,800 cubic meters) per day of oil equivalent, enterprise value of N520 billion and market capitalization value of N115.1 billion. It was founded 1965.
The scholarship scheme is part of the corporate social responsibility of the joint venture between NNPC, NAOC and OANDO to assist Nigerian students to fulfill their dreams of completing a tertiary education.
Category of Awards
- Host/Transit Communities Merit Award – For applicants strictly from NAOC Host/Transit Communities
- National Merit Award – For applicants from Non-Host/Transit communities
Scholarship Sponsor(s): NNPC/NAOC/OANDO Joint Venture, Nigeria
Host Institution(s): NNPC/NAOC/OANDO Joint Venture, Nigeria
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduates
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for NNPC / NAOC / OANDO JV Tertiary Scholarship 2023:
- Applicants must be enrolled in a full-time program in a recognized tertiary institution
- Registered Full TIME undergraduates in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions
- Certified 100 level students at the time of application (Only students admitted in 2022/2023 academic session)
NOTE: The following categories of students should not apply:
- 200 level students and above
- Current beneficiaries of similar Awards from other Companies and Agencies
- Dependents of NAOC/NAE/AENR/NACPFA
Only Indigenes of NAOC Host/Transit Communities in Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta and Imo States SHOULD apply for the Host Communities Merit Award.
Only applicants studying Engineering, Geology, Geo sciences and Agricultural Science are eligible for the National Merit Award.
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 NNPC / NAOC / OANDO JV Tertiary Scholarship (how to apply):
To participate for the NNPC / NAOC / OANDO JV Tertiary Scholarship Scheme 2023, applicants should adhere to the following steps:
To apply, follow the steps below:
- Click on “Apply Now” tab.
- Click on “Register Now” to create an account.
- Proceed to your email box to activate your account
- Click on https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/naocscholarship2023 to return to Scholarship site
- Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
- Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
- Ensure the name used in application matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
- Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
- When asked to upload photo, a passport photograph with a white background is preferable.
- Recheck application information to avoid errors
- Click “Apply Now” to submit information
- You will receive an email and a SMS that confirms your application was successful.
- Return to www.scholastica.ng, enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
- Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
- If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click “Create Account” and fill in the required fields
- Login with Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and finger print capture
- Visit any of the capture centers https://www.nimc.gov.ng/?q=nin-registration-centres to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
Return to https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/naocscholarship2023 and update application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion
Application Deadline: June 09, 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.