ICIPE Scholarships 2023 for African Students
Suitably qualified African students who are looking to pursue their PhD degree program in Kenya but do not know how to fund their study expenses are invited to submit application for the ICIPE Scholarships 2023/2024 academic year
This scholarship is a fully funded opportunity for PhD students that covers the general expenses of qualified candidates. This program is sponsored by International Center of Insect Physiology and Ecology (ICIPE). The main objective of ICIPE is to research and develop alternative and environmentally friendly pest and vector management strategies that are effective, selective, non-polluting, non-resistance inducing, and which are affordable to resource-limited rural and urban communities. icipe’s mandate extends to the conservation and use of the rich insect biodiversity found in Africa.
The International Center of Insect Physiology and Ecology (ICIPE, branded as icipe) is an international scientific research institute, headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya that works towards improving lives and livelihoods of people in Africa. Icipe was founded in 1970 by a renowned Kenyan entomologist, Thomas Odhiambo, with strong encouragement from Carl Djerassi, a professor of Chemistry at Stanford University. Icipe is a member of Association of International Research and Development Centers for Agriculture (AIRCA).
SEE ALSO: Quantum Leap Africa PhD Scholarship in Data Science 2023
- The student will be jointly supervised by university professors and researchers from icipe.
- The PhD position provides a stipend and health insurance. It will cover also other costs such as visa, office, conferences, and research costs.
- Successful candidate will be a competent PhD student and must have a strong motivation to conduct independent research.
Scholarship sponsor(s): ICIPE
Number of Awards: Not mentioned
Duration of Award: 3-year doctoral training by research: start: June 2023, end: May 2026.
Eligible Countries: Africa
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for ICIPE Scholarships 2023:
- A citizen of a country in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Bachelor’s degree in Molecular biology or related field (at least Second Class/Upper Division or equivalent).
- Master’s degree in Molecular biology, bioinformatics and biotechnology or related field (at least Second Class/Upper Division or equivalent), taken with both coursework and research in the field relevant to the PhD project (click HERE).
- Master’s degree must have been completed less than six years ago at the time of application.
- Completed application form, PhD project concept note based on the PhD project and accompanying supporting documents.
- Good working knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Clearly show motivation and strong commitment.
- Candidates who are staff members of a public university, or considered for university teaching or research staff recruitment, are encouraged to apply.
- Qualified female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
SEE ALSO: International Admission Scholarships 2023 at University of Toronto
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 ICIPE Scholarships (how to apply):
A. Download and complete the scholarship Application Form
- To download the Application Form as a doc file click HERE
- To download the Application Form as a docx file click HERE
B. Go to the online application platform by clicking HERE to apply and upload the following documents:
- Completed application form
- Curriculum Vitae (please use the Europass Format: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu
- Certified copies of official university certificates and transcripts, and any other professional or academic certificates. Please combine into 1 file. If necessary, you may zip the file to make it smaller for uploading. For PDF files, can reduce the size using the online tool at https://smallpdf.com/compress-pdf
- Copy of a signed recommendation letter from your employer (if currently employed) or University where MSc was undertaken. The letter must be on institute letterhead.
- Close-up photograph in color of your full head and upper shoulders (passport-style photograph)
- Copy of National ID
- For foreign nationals, copy of Passport biodata page (the page that has your picture and personal details)
Application Deadline: 24th April 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit our Official Website.