British Council GREAT Scholarship 2023/2024 for Studies in the United Kingdom
The 2023 British Council GREAT Scholarship for prospective students are now fully open for applications and is designed to support international candidates who wish to continue their educational pursuit in the UK.
This scholarship program is partially funded and successful applicants will receive a non-refundable offer of £10,000 annually for tuition fees. It’s open for applicants pursuing their master degree program. For the 2023/2024 academic session, up to 200 scholarships are offered by 49 universities across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. This scholarship opportunity is offered to students from 14 countries, it’s sponsored by the British Council and hosted by institutions in the UK. Each scholarship is jointly funded by the UK government’s GREAT Britain Campaign and the British Council with participating UK higher education institutions.
The British Council is a British organization specialized in international cultural and educational opportunities thereby creating way for international students who are financially challenged in achieving their masters program through British Council GREAT Scholarships.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): British Council
Scholarship Type: Partial Funding
Host Institution(s): Institutions in UK
Scholarship Worth: £10,000
Number of Awards: Several
Nationality: International Students
Eligibility Criteria for the British Council GREAT Scholarship 2023:
- Be a citizen of an eligible country
- Have an undergraduate degree, be motivated, and have an interest in the proposed subject area
- Meet the English language requirement of the UK HEI
- Establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfillment
- Be willing to attend a networking event of all UK based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
- Be willing to maintain contact with the British Council and their HEI and act as an ambassador for the GREAT Scholarships
- As an alumnus of the GREAT Scholarships, be willing occasionally to speak to potential candidates about their own experience of studying in the UK.
- GREAT Scholarships are available to students from the following countries: Bangladesh, China, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand, Turkey, Vietnam.
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 British Council GREAT Scholarships (how to apply):
Qualified applicants are to visit the participating university”s page to find out more information for the British Council GREAT Scholarships 2023/24 and then follow the link through to the university’s website.
Applicants are then to proceed to apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on each universities’ scholarship webpages.
Application Deadline: Deadline varies according to each institution
For more information about this opportunity. Visit the Official Website.